Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Every race track operator has to worry about his bottom line. Super late models around here are a travelling deal only. You have to worry about getting those 4 local guys with big families out there every week not worry about the handful of one percenters that will take time off work and drive to Florida in February out there. If that means your top class is limited or crate, or even Modified...... You do that. It's too far down the rabbit hole fellas. Get used to it.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

BTW, from a recent foray to Michigan, there's a lot of cars in the Midwest that would be called limited on the East Coast or in the South running Super up there.
    Last edited by Rocky; 09-22-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    It's a tough situation that people in power don't want to address. Ridiculous car costs vs return makes for smaller and smaller fields.

For example I went to a Summernationals race around 3 years ago. 19 cars. So had one 7 car heat and 2 six car heats. Guys like Shirley and Erb start in front rows and dominate the field which consists of cars that sound like street stocks compared to theirs. Every car makes the feature so heats mean nothing. Every race won from front row. Hard to justify 25 or 30 bucks I paid to see that.
    Car counts would return if there wasn’t so many regional series. There’s too many of em.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Dirt Crow there's so many regional series because the division has been dropped weekly in a lot of places. Around here, steel blocks only. Farther south, crates only. There's just less unlimited motor late models than there used to be.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

31 supers @ at Seymour, WI last night for the Dirt Kings race.

Great show for their 2nd annual Fall Brawl.

This race was the first time I wished I had worn ear plugs.

The supers were loud with the sound bouncing off the steel grandstand. But the Grand National cars that usually run at Plymouth were even louder. (metric chassis with a pavement style body and high HP iron heads engines). The top two guys must have been running 9 grand plus... just screaming. But the 3rd place guy was nearly silent! Could not hear his car among the other 18 or so in their main. Weird...

All in all a great show with a good crowd and they must have had 150+ cars in the pits.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I watched the replays of Saturday night races on DOD this morning. The races at Red Cedar, Beckley, and Eriez were much better races than the WOO and Lucas races. Anyone who thinks that you need a major sanctioning body to have a great race, is really missing alot of good racing going on across the country. Support your local tracks.

If not for those regional (and national) series, I wouldn’t get to see any supers in Georgia. We’ve just about quit going to any local races because of how things are done down here.

There are way to many regional series

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    There are way to many regional series
    Exactly......
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

There are too many regional series, it does hurt the tracks. It makes no sense for Eldora to be closed 2 out of the 3 months of the summer. Earl sold that track to tony because he wanted to sell it to a guy who loved racing and would continue his tradition, the day Earl died was the day Eldora became a special events track only.
    As I posted earlier about a 6 race series paying 10,000 to win, and a 25,000 dollar 1st prize to the point winner with a generous point fund payout for the top 20. There is no reason you wont get 30 plus cars every show, they already charge 24 bucks for a regular show, you will easily get 10,000 people for those races, the track cant help but make money. And like I said, if you have to get rid of some of the banking, it will eliminate the free air issues and cut cost on wear and tear of engines and will make for better racing, look at knoxville compared to the World.

I’m curious as to which regional series are y’all referring to? Which states? Which ones do you want gone? Let’s see some specifics instead of generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash 4 View Post
    I watched the replays of Saturday night races on DOD this morning. The races at Red Cedar, Beckley, and Eriez were much better races than the WOO and Lucas races. Anyone who thinks that you need a major sanctioning body to have a great race, is really missing alot of good racing going on across the country. Support your local tracks.
    Of course you don’t need a sanction to have a great race, but they certainly bring a better crowd than an unsanctionedp show.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe they want Ultimate shuttered, because the heck with us where as that’s the only Supers we get. Lucas and WoO can take a flying leap for all I care. I understand that some of y’all want ALL the cars, too bad. You got to share. Lol 😆
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

The happy fans went to Deer Creek this last weekend and got to see all the things they like- Great facility, excellent track and prep, lots of cars, and lots of racing. The cars just didn't have fenders in the front.

We're I live the only way I see supers is if it is a special race all the weekly racing is crates an they run anywhere between 8 an 10 classes a friend of mine went to a local track they had 8 classes on the schedule at midnight they had run one feature.

8 classes of cars that are all mostly the same is a product of everybody wanting a chance to win without working hard to do it. In the 80s there would be 80 factory stocks at our local track. Winning a consi was better than a lot of stuff that passes as a feature today. Then you get to move on to the semi, and if you make it to the feature congrats, now you really better do your homework. I mean we have 3 or 4 divisions of late models, 5 divisions of bombers and of course the hornets. But that's a societal problem boys. Sure, you win a 7 car feature..... Congrats.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Terry - State series, (MSCC, LA, TX, Carolina Clash, etc) fine with me. But I believe they should only run at that states tracks. CC would obviously be two states. No venturing out. For as regional in the southeast, comp cams, southern all stars, Ultimate. That’s plenty. Cook’s spring and summer deals are a good thing too. That’s enough in my book.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    8 classes of cars that are all mostly the same is a product of everybody wanting a chance to win without working hard to do it. In the 80s there would be 80 factory stocks at our local track. Winning a consi was better than a lot of stuff that passes as a feature today. Then you get to move on to the semi, and if you make it to the feature congrats, now you really better do your homework. I mean we have 3 or 4 divisions of late models, 5 divisions of bombers and of course the hornets. But that's a societal problem boys. Sure, you win a 7 car feature..... Congrats.
    I agree. Supers and crates only. I hate seeing 4-5 classes that look the same.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Crates run with limiteds around here. The division is just called Late Model. With FUEL series rules.

The other classes, that’s a whole different ball of wax. There’s a need for a pro stock class, and a Hornet class but the amount of real steel cars to make stock cars out of is pretty dry. Our Super Streets have turned into B-Sportsman mostly. I don’t know if that’s good or not.
    Last edited by Rocky; 09-22-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Except when you figure that you can get a Black front end Rocket for practically free, why chop up a classic Camaro to make a street stock? However a Street Stock really should look like an actual car. At least a passing resemblance.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.