Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lol!!! Ok Rocky. I misread. I seen you say St. Louis above and I took it you was from Missouri. My bad. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Nope, never even been to Missouri. Lol. My stomping grounds are Northeastern North Carolina not exactly Super central . I was looking for a race in the middle of the winter. I have a limited I do that part time (I kinda suck) , the Ice Bowl has limiteds .What do I like in racing? Cars going in circles I suppose. I didn't come back to 4m to argue with anybody. I like watching the big guns too, but that's not really something I can do very much. If you're going to races, good on you.

What races matter? All of 'em to somebody. You don't seem like you'd disagree about that. When I don't drive, I help my buddy with a Street Stock and we got the best out crew award last season. We're proud of that plastic trophy lol. But I don't think I am Tommy Hicks or nothing either lol. And I don't expect you to wanna watch.

My entire stance on life is it's none of my business what anybody else thinks of me and I don't want to push my beliefs off on anybody else. That's new for me starting January 26 2018.

I am 42 and went to my first stock car races in the mid eighties.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Well put. Good luck to you and your buddy. Finish the year strong.

And I apologize for what might turn into an argument on your thread. Hopefully not.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Well put. Good luck to you and your buddy. Finish the year strong.

And I apologize for what might turn into an argument on your thread. Hopefully not.
    We finished 5th in points with the street stock we have one more race with the late model. (Was supposed to have 2 but work gotta pay for all this somehow ) A race that matters called the race for the kids at County Line Raceway, $5000 to win FUEL late models co sanctioned with the I95 challenge series. $5000 to win Modifieds too. The race benefits Victory Junction. So yessir it actually matters to those kids. I am like 35th in I95 points, so maybe we can make a big move lol.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Well good luck. And hey. Your speaking to a former 4 banger, limited, and super driver. And I really am not trying to knock lower classes. I was one. I got friends that are. Heck some of your biggest super names once drove an old bomber. I just have developed into a certain kinda fan over the years. Some things interest me, some don’t now. I’ll say this. If I lived in the Midwest, I’d definitely be a modified fan. I seen those boys put on a show at Farmer City and Fairbury. Good stuff. ...but best of luck to yall.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Actually, that’s a race that’s a hidden gem. And it’s for a good cause. I think we’re going to have street stock also. But it hasn’t been Supers in a couple years it’s not a horsepower track though our local limiteds could run up front when it was Ultimate. But probably all the big names we’ll get will be in modified, Strickler, Hoffman, etc.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Thanks. I wasn’t jumping on the races that matter thing. It’s for charity. It really actually does lol. I went to a Wild West IMCA race this summer the top 5 in modified national points were there. Like 40 mods 24 sport mods, it was pretty crazy.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

If you don’t take yourself too seriously, enjoy being out racing in January, and like the atmosphere of an event just as much as the actual event, you should go. It’s a good time, a weird in a good way field, and a chance to hit somewhere new.

If you’re a supposed blue collar who thumbs his nose at local drivers, whines about everything like a Swedish teenager at a UN Meeting, and basically feels like everything should be catered to you, you should just go hang out at Crow’s house.

Good luck if you make the trip Rocky.

That was beautiful. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I want to go, but since I posted this, some very very good news happened to our race team, the current car is probably gonna be in pieces for a very badly needed chassis upgrade. Depends on what I can use off the old heap. Fuel cell, brakes, hubs. I hope.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

The Ice Bowl money would go far in making this happen. Maybe in 21, we can bring a contender to Alabama.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

You know DC, you are correct, I have worn the matter thing out, no more, scouts honor. Your post was succinct and fair as you explored a vast amount of viewpoints. I should have thrown a lol in there, 98% was the ole tongue in cheek thing. I value your friendship and will strive to gain back your favor. You are always welcome at TST.

While some may not care for it, a strong/large back gate is vital to a tracks health as well as front gate and concession sales. We do like to give the racers in the region options to race a Late Model type car, it works for us. The support of the races in the Late Model classes has been pretty good. Lot of those boys like the Durrence Layne points trail and end of year goodies.

One last thing, our weekly shows are nicely run with hot laps starting between 7:00 and 7:15, SLM time trials at 8 or so and usually done between 10:30 and 11:00. That is with 7 classes, not to shabby.

Kinda interesting I was only a big show guy, but the last few years enjoying the weekly show more.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    You know DC, you are correct, I have worn the matter thing out, no more, scouts honor. Your post was succinct and fair as you explored a vast amount of viewpoints. I should have thrown a lol in there, 98% was the ole tongue in cheek thing. I value your friendship and will strive to gain back your favor. You are always welcome at TST.

While some may not care for it, a strong/large back gate is vital to a tracks health as well as front gate and concession sales. We do like to give the racers in the region options to race a Late Model type car, it works for us. The support of the races in the Late Model classes has been pretty good. Lot of those boys like the Durrence Layne points trail and end of year goodies.

One last thing, our weekly shows are nicely run with hot laps starting between 7:00 and 7:15, SLM time trials at 8 or so and usually done between 10:30 and 11:00. That is with 7 classes, not to shabby.

Kinda interesting I was only a big show guy, but the last few years enjoying the weekly show more.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    Let me just say, as much as I love real steel street stock cars, their days are almost over especially when someone will practically give you a Black front end Rocket. A 602 class makes a lot of sense in 2020 and beyond.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

thats fine for you mark , but i dont give 2 sh!ts about his favor , which i think you tried a while back when you cordially invited him to come sit in the tower as a gesture of good deed , which evidently he declined , ROCKY , this person is a glass half empty type person from what i gather , if god came down from the heavens and put on a race , DC would still have something negative to say , dont believe it ? then all you have to do is review his previous post , so as far as im concerned , NOTHING HE SAYS " MATTERS" , As far as the ice bowl goes , i have been going since the beginning , no matter what the weather does or what condition the track ends up in , the comradery is second to none , i have made good friends and connections there from a lot of places that i only get to see at this race , so i would say to you , if your the glass half empty type person and are only looking to nit pick every little thing , then this race is not for you , but , if you enjoy the things i mentioned above , then you will enjoy yourself and be welcomed with open arms , hope you can make it one day , and if you do , look me up and i will show you the real spirit of TST......

Ok. 2 sad cases has chimed in. 1 more and we’ll have the hat trick. Lol!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I have reached the part of the season where I kinda wish I was in a deer stand lol. We’re going to the Ice Bowl in the future. For sure.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Rocky, you gotta try Fastfords edible concoctions that he whips up to eat. He always brings me a bowl of something that is so dang tasty, I really look forward to his cookin'.

Like FF said, the comradery of the event is great, you will make many friends. Whenever you come I can fix you up with good times and great people, like my bud Fastford, you will find this guy a true person.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I really love events like that where you get a whole season worth of races in a weekend. I understand why it wouldn’t be for everybody though. The old Dealers Choice weekend has nearly 600 cars at the high water mark. It was something I looked forward to all year long. It was total sensory overload man. If I close my eyes and meditate I can still smell the campfire smoke and methanol and see all those cars. In short that Ice Bowl sounds like something that I miss deep in my soul. LOL
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

What kinda guy hauls all the way to Alabama from Virginia Beach, Va to race a limited in January? The same kinda guy that takes it home on vacation and runs Super because there’s no limiteds there lol. I might even see if I can bring a few more North Carolina guys WHEN I eventually do this.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Can’t edit, my home town is in Michigan. TST January weather sounds exactly like Michigan’s September weather. Maybe I can get a couple of those guys too.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.