Default Good Count at Oakshade

35 cars were at Oakshade for just a regular(no track points either) weekly $1250 to win show. Great Lakes Nationals was cancelled so that brought some down from Michigan... but still thought it was worth mentioning. Shipley won but should have been sent to the rear for spinning the car in front of him on a restart(maybe 10 laps in) and getting collected in the wreck that he caused. Nobody seems to know how they put him back in front but must be a little home cooking. David Mielke and Garrett Wiles rounded out the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MittenMadman View Post
    35 cars were at Oakshade for just a regular(no track points either) weekly $1250 to win show. Great Lakes Nationals was cancelled so that brought some down from Michigan... but still thought it was worth mentioning. Shipley won but should have been sent to the rear for spinning the car in front of him on a restart(maybe 10 laps in) and getting collected in the wreck that he caused. Nobody seems to know how they put him back in front but must be a little home cooking. David Mielke and Garrett Wiles rounded out the top 3.
    I may catch flack for this and oh well, but there’s usually at least a handful there that are a stretch calling them a late model.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Maybe with the larger car counts they can finally install lighting & running water.

I’ve been saying it for about 20 years — since my first two trips there — but, what y’all call supers at Oakshade ... sorry, but those aren’t supers anywhere else. Congrats though, on your big car counts.

TerryM. Don't rag on racer for racing what they can
    Where's your car at? Find another sport if there not good enough for you

Terry, hasn’t the hottest topic lately been cost reduction? If Late Model racing everywhere was more like it is at Oakshade everywhere else, we wouldn’t be having that conversation.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Maybe with the larger car counts they can finally install lighting & running water.
    When I build my backyard track, I am gonna get some work lights from Ollie’s and nail them on 4x4 poles. Aim them in random directions... God, I love Oakshade.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    TerryM. Don't rag on racer for racing what they can
    Where's your car at? Find another sport if there not good enough for you
    Buddy. If I ain’t going to be at the front, I’m not doing it. I’m not running some POS car 10-20 years old not safe to be out there, just to say, hey, I race.

I know fully well what it costs to race. With a wife and two kids and a house and sports and work, not happening. Can’t afford to do it right, wouldn’t take the time to do it right, so I’m not.

Someone was bragging about car counts, stating the obvious, I don’t count the ones with zero chance. 2 seconds off the pace, death traps.

My car will never be there at this time, cannot do it right, I’m not doing it. Some are ok with having zero chance of winning and just being out there, I’m not. Do it right with the best equipment, or don’t do it at all. I won’t make the sacrifices, so not at all.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Should say me having a car will never happen at this time.

What if it's 15 years old, safe, and a half second off on a fast track, but competitive when it gets slick? Is that a LM? Is it worth racing? Asking for a friend.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Mine is about 20 years old. Not competitive, but it served its purpose. Looking to upgrade. Is it a late model? Not much longer, it’s worth nothing to sell. I am gonna turn it into the ultimate street stock.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

CNB is making my “senior moment” Mastersbilt sound like a POS.

A true racer never loses that drive to compete. No matter what the equipment is...

I saw it in 1970 when I owned a $200 sportsman car but wasn’t old enough to drive. I found a driver in my friends Dad. He raced back in the 50’s and 60’s but his semi late model was ruled out of competition mostly because it won so much.

And he was a guy who wasn’t afraid to use the chrome horn.

My car was a typical rookie deal and he wore a full face helmet so no one would recognize him. And we parked out in the pickers so no one came nosing around.

At 47 years old he was far from washed up. We ran three different tracks chasing the best $$$ rather than points. When we bought a better car the following year, and the 289 was not quite up to the job, he puller a 427 tunnel port out of a back corner of the shop and ran that.

You only need to look at open wheel drivers who often run for car owners. They may not get a good sprint or midget ride but they still race. The next good ride may be right around the corner.

Same for a jockey. Give an old horse a good ride in a $2000 claimer race and you may be running a stakes race next week.

It’s the thrill of the drive.... the wind in your face... the fans in the stands that motivates a guy to jump in the seat and compete. A real driver thinks he could win in a baby buggy...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Keep it up Krooser, your an inspiration to us middle aged junk car racers !

I will say thou, i have always wanted to race here. The track looks fun and racey, maybe someday we will haul up there and give it a go.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 09-24-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Just say no...

Throwing all this money at late models has not produced better racing.
    Thats why its probably time for Lucas and WOO to have their own rules and leave late model racing competitive on a reasonable budget and hopefully the sport will grow again.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Throwing all this money at late models has not produced better racing.
    Thats why its probably time for Lucas and WOO to have their own rules and leave late model racing competitive on a reasonable budget and hopefully the sport will grow again.
    That’s already happened around here.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What if it's 15 years old, safe, and a half second off on a fast track, but competitive when it gets slick? Is that a LM? Is it worth racing? Asking for a friend.
    This car has probably hurt a lot feelings in the area this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Then common sense would tell you all good. I’m pretty sure you know dam well what I’m talking about in the Oakshade area.

A good car is important, I am upgrading but a friend has an XR1, he’s umm not very fast. Plenty crazy.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    This car has probably hurt a lot feelings in the area this year.
    Maybe so. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised a few times myself.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

37 cars the week before for their season championship night. Points champ gets $7500, a Bert transmission, and a graphics package. What do other UMP tracks give their points champ? And of those 37 cars about 25-30 of them were indeed true late models. Most tracks dream of having that many late models weekly. Yup its an old outdated place that badly needs some upgrades, but its still one of the best dirt tracks out there for competition and great people.