Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mansfield motorspeedway

After heading rumors of the dirt million being moved to kokomo, it looks like the track is going to get torn down.

Does Kokomo have enough seating for an event of this size? Looked kinda small to me

Idk what their capacity is now, but they added the nice sized backstretch grandstands in last couple of years.

I've only been once, and I worry about space in general for that type of event not just seating. Maybe they have more property than I saw or know of. They do host a fairly big 4 Day non-wing sprint car event, but not with near the purse as Cody's Dirt Late Model Big One has had.
    "The Wise One"

Well that didn’t last long. Was worth a shot I guess. Can’t imagine Cody comes out on top of this one but I’m not going to knock a guy for trying.

There are rumors that Mansfield is being purchased & will remain a race track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    I sure hope you are right. The facility is awesome. I could also see Cody just running out tracks to hold his events. It makes much more sense to do that than trying to run 8 different things that he is involved in and them all being half assed like the dirt million this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne1butBLOOMER View Post
    Does Kokomo have enough seating for an event of this size? Looked kinda small to me
    The backstretch has a huuuuuge set of bleachers.
    I think fan parking would be an issue but do think the racecar haulers would all fit - pits are fairly large with a lot of open space (could easily reconfigure the pit parking to accomodate more haulers compared to how they park weekly).

Track is really nice when it slicks off and gets wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Lets wait for gear head to check in. He ALWAYS has all the correct info!!!

Erb mentioned it in his interview Friday night as well.

Did I miss where it was announced Mansfield is done?

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    Lets wait for gear head to check in. He ALWAYS has all the correct info!!!
    At least now you can admit that I was right and you were wrong!

Nothing you have said in the last year and a half has come true. If stupidity could fly you'd be a jet fighter!

The backstretch stands at Kokomo were brand new last season. They are about half as long as the stands on the front stretch, but probably 10-12 rows higher. The rows on the backstretch have a little more room, so I would say the number of seats on both sides of the track are probably about equal.

Kokomo hosts the USAC sprint car smackdown, which I would consider a comparable event to the dirt million (as it was at Mansfield). The pit area at Kokomo could handle the number of late models that show has been attracting. Their main issue would be spectator parking and seating. It was a very good crowd Friday. I’d love to see that Lucas Oil show continue at Kokomo. I would honestly prefer to see the Dirt Million at Lawrenceburg. Great facility that would be comparable to Mansfield and well suited to hosting a major event. Give the Burg their “Whiskey City 60” date back and make it the new Dirt Million.

The jerk off that promotes Lawrenceburg would never let Cody promote a race there. But, I agree, the facility is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    Nothing you have said in the last year and a half has come true. If stupidity could fly you'd be a jet fighter!
    You're mistaken, as usual. Once again I'm right, you're wrong. But you should be used to that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    The jerk off that promotes Lawrenceburg would never let Cody promote a race there. But, I agree, the facility is perfect
    And that is totally understandable. If the track already has a promoter, then they should promote any races held there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    After heading rumors of the dirt million being moved to kokomo, it looks like the track is going to get torn down.
    I haven't gotten to watch the race of DoD yet? Was it good racing? Do you think this will be a good move? Have the dates for the Million event been confirmed yet? Will it be August 20, 21 and 22, 2020?

i was there Friday and the racing was fantastic. Multiple grooves for a 1/4 mile track. As far as seating Cody could always bring in temporary bleachers. Kokomo has farm fields to the west and east of the track that runs parallel to both the front and back straights. Maybe they have a plan in place to secure parking space. it would be doable but it will be tight. Bring it to Kokomo Cody!!

I was there as Kokomo is one of my favorite tracks. Two hours from home. That would be awesome to see the Dirt Million at Kokomo.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Let me see if I got this correct he had a race track and couldn't run it so now he is going to put on a show at a race track that is well run I don't understand this at all.