Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Let me see if I got this correct he had a race track and couldn't run it so now he is going to put on a show at a race track that is well run I don't understand this at all.
    Well, Cody was the promoter of the Kokomo event last week.
    "The Wise One"

So he has found a way to sponge of another race track wonder how long this will last.

This happens every weekend all around the country Cody isn't the first to promote a race at a track someone else owns..
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

The DTWC has seemed to work out just fine with someone promoting a race at someone else’s track. Many of the World of Outlaws (sprints) shows are like that.

The Dirt Million would probably have to change dates if it moved to Kokomo. It has been the exact same days as the Sprint Car Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    So he has found a way to sponge of another race track wonder how long this will last.
    All you do is bash him no matter what. He didn’t own Mansfield, he couldn’t afford to risk putting in the money to get good actual clay, and then having it sold out from under him. He was screwed from the start. And then with the sh!t surface and not owning it, totally screwed.

Maybe you can buy it lock stock and barrel. Show him how it’s done.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

While i think the weather is really what will autimetly put the final nail in Mansfields coffin(and i really hope this doesn't happen). Cody didn't do it or himself any favors this year. He showed the fans zero consideration the whole event seemed to have a "i don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) where out of here after this" type of feel to it. Especially to those of us who camped. I have been to two dome races and both dirt million races. And at this point i don't know if I'll give another dime to cody. And with out fan support his events will die.

Your exactly right jking if you don't know what your doing an you don't care about your fans it's just a matter of time.

heard talk at sprint week that kokomo is trying to buy some of the field across the street behind the railroad for additional parking and a drainage pond

Mansfield it is worth more as an industrial site than a race track, IMO, dont see the place lasting long.

The shape of the track would never allow great racing

The shape of Mansfield or Kokomo.

i know it is not Kokomo that place is racy from top to bottom and there track prep is top notch. The place has been around since 1947 and they have their act together.
    Last edited by Bloomerdirtking; 09-25-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

I heard rumors about the Dirt Million being moved to Port Royal.

Quote Originally Posted by WON11_Fan View Post
    Or is that just wishful thinking? Kokomo or Port would both be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne1butBLOOMER View Post
    The shape of Mansfield or Kokomo.
    was talking about mansfield... kokomo had a great race the other night. with the aero the way it is now they need a wider track than mansfield. fals and eldora both have nice wide corners that allow side by side racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WON11_Fan View Post
    I heard the same thing.

I wish someone would buy wytheville and put in new grandstands . Could be a top 10 track in the country one of the best racing surface in all of racing.

That was the rumor all weekend at Mansfield, that the race was being moved to Port Royal. Which in my opinion would be AWESOME!

It would take big $$$$$$$'s to buy Mansfield because Mr Milliron won't sell it for less than he bought it for.

Sounds like mr milliron going to be owning it for a while then.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????