Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Team, lol( you should ask around more)
    I've been here long enough to know which 'team' you side with over the other. In other words, I can't recall you having a kind word for the prior President.

.......and btw, most people just change something they misspell. Not what they misunderstand.
    Nice little quip, but I didn't misunderstand anything. Can't say the same for Y'ALL! Otherwise, wanna take a crack at the query posed to Clayton?

I've tried to provide a screen shot and/or attachment of exactly the situation mcarter815 described cause I hate the way the lack of spacing between my words and the bottom quote in Post #261 are, but I cannot fix it. It just goes blank when I click edit post.

And I again ask, should a prosecutor go to court before a police investigation is held? If not, why should the House hold an impeachment vote prior to investigating?
    A policeman and a prosecutor are 2 completely different things. Police investigate, but they don't bring charges. And Neither a Police officer Nor a prosecutor can issue search warrants or subpoenas. If they want either of those things they must go to a Judge and asks him to issue warrants and subpoenas. And then they have to present evidence to that judge, to show that they have "probable cause" that justifies those warrants or subpoenas. That's called "due process" and that's in stark contrast to what the House is doing right now. The congress is on a fishing expedition. They don't have any "probable cause' but they are determine to keep fishing and sifting through everything they can think of until they hopefully get lucky and find some little something they can take out of context, misrepresent, and use against him. To answer your question, No, neither a police officer nor a prosecutor would be allowed to operate in this manner. A judge would never allow it. Just like judges have blocked the House on many of these things like the subpoena for Trumps Tax returns. That's why I said earlier, that Trump's resistance would benefit him, by sending it into the courts. The judges in those courts will be much more fair to Trump and they will keep congress in check.
    Last edited by Stefan2k4; 10-10-2019 at 08:06 PM.

You also can't say I've had an unkind or untrue thing to say about Mr Obama either.........he is the primary reason Mr Trump got elected.

Americans that work a regular job couldn't afford all the hope and change and saw Hillary double downing on all of it......oh, and your party got lazy and complacent......if anything you guys should be more mad at yourselves than you are at your current president.

You're too busy trying to put everybody in there own neat little box and on which side they should be on to realize that there are a lot of people in America that can't be boxed in like that ....I'm nothing special , but I happen to be one of those people.

I'm also a slave to no party or any status quo boss , I like to take things apart and put them back together to see how they work......politics included.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by anthonycacace View Post
    I've been here long enough to know which 'team' you side with over the other. In other words, I can't recall you having a kind word for the prior President.

Nice little quip, but I didn't misunderstand anything. Can't say the same for Y'ALL! Otherwise, wanna take a crack at the query posed to Clayton?

I've tried to provide a screen shot and/or attachment of exactly the situation mcarter815 described cause I hate the way the lack of spacing between my words and the bottom quote in Post #261 are, but I cannot fix it. It just goes blank when I click edit post.
    You seem like a smart guy, I'm sure you'll figure the work around

Please share

Oh and Anthony......I'm not a minority anymore......a lot of Americans are voting person over party.....better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    A policeman and a prosecutor are 2 completely different things.
    So the new issue is that Congress has to be investigator, prosecutor, and jury to determine the removal of the President form office? Probably should take that up with the founding fathers.

Police investigate, but they don't bring charges. And Neither a Police officer Nor a prosecutor can issue search warrants or subpoenas. If they want either of those things they must go to a Judge and asks him to issue warrants and subpoenas. And then they have to present evidence to that judge, to show that they have "probable cause" that justifies those warrants or subpoenas. That's called "due process" and that's in stark contrast to what the House is doing right now. The congress is on a fishing expedition. They don't have any "probable cause' but they are determine to keep fishing and sifting through everything they can think of until they hopefully get lucky and find some little something they can take out of context, misrepresent, and use against him.
    Congress doesn't have the same powers as a typical arrest/judicial proceeding does. They are performing their provided role as available though and are still in the investigation stage.

You don't think a phone call where a US President asked a foreign government for assistance in taking down a political opponent should serve as probable cause for Congress to look into possible criminality? K... Clearly others disagree and that's K too.

To answer your question, No, neither a police officer nor a prosecutor would be allowed to operate in this manner. A judge would never allow it. Just like judges have blocked the House on many of these things like the subpoena for Trumps Tax returns.

That's why I said earlier, that Trump's resistance would benefit him, by sending it into the courts. The judges in those courts will be much more fair to Trump and they will keep congress in check.
    Thanks for answering the query. No doubt Dirty Don loves to stall including holding back proper payments due to people/cities.

Yes, the process is working and checking itself as it should. So here is how I see the roles and why it's analogous:

House Committees - Police/investigators: They have to gather evidence to take to the prosecutor.
    Full House - Prosecutor: They look at said evidence and determine whether to go to trial based on what they see.
    Senate - Jury: Guilty or Not.
    Chief Justice - Judge: Runs the trial, if held.

Since it's agreed that a prosecutor shouldn't file an indictment prior to a police investigation, why should the House then prosecute before committee investigations?
    Last edited by anthonycacace; 10-11-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: word choice

The way Trump's presidency is spiraling out of control and headed towards impeachment, I think "Taps" would be appropriate to describe his presidency using a musical analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    The way Trump's presidency is spiraling out of control and headed towards impeachment, I think "Taps" would be appropriate to describe his presidency using a musical analogy.
    This made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for the joy!

Bum-pa-dummmmm ... bum-pa-badummmmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    Just like judges have blocked the House on many of these things like the subpoena for Trumps Tax returns. That's why I said earlier, that Trump's resistance would benefit him, by sending it into the courts. The judges in those courts will be much more fair to Trump and they will keep congress in check.
    To keep the music going:

And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/2273146001/

Hey, gonna get Trump too, another one bites the dust!

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    More like a song from Queen...….We (patriotic conservative Americans) are the champions!

Funny ,the guy that says " look at all the bills the dems have passed" when questioned on why the entire dem platform appears to be based on getting rid of their president.

Couldn't name one of those bills without looking it up to save his life , but can name an appropriate musical analogy to fit his hatred for his current president???

Yeah.....the dems are doing plenty of other work other than moving the trump folders around in their head 24/7.

I'd be pissed too if my laziness and apathy caused my candidate not to get elected in a sure fire win scenario.....try again in 2020......and this time send somebody worthy.....they might even win.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Wow, have you fallen into the simpleton drivel category!!!!
    Dang it! I was hoping for another De - Nile moment/accolade from ya. (Posts #14 & 16 - Trump Tower under assault)

Guess, this one wasn't as clever as that one.
    Last edited by anthonycacace; 10-11-2019 at 03:51 PM. Reason: post ref

Whistleblower Compromised: Impeachment Falling APART
    Oops......

Whistleblower Compromised: Impeachment Falling APART
    Take Down Trump Part 2……...FAILED!!!

When will you liberal wackos ever learn?

Queen playing Taps maybe? Or something like that.

And it was take trump down part 692 btw.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 10-11-2019 at 10:43 PM.

CW the impeachment is not failing. The information that the whistleblower provided was accurate and was confirmed by cowardly conman himself. How much better does it get when the offender admits to the crime he has committed. The political party the accuser is affiliated with is immaterial.
    Last edited by ss12; 10-12-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Straw grasping decathlon gold medal winner.......nice job Mr Jenner.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    CW the impeachment is not failing. The information that the whistleblower provided was accurate and was confirmed by cowardly conman himself. How much better does it get when the offender admits to the crime he has committed. Who cares what political party the accuser is affiliated with. Would it better if the accuser wasnt a butthurt democrat that blew the whistle as an orchestrated attempt directed by other butthurt ,whining, loser democrats ?
    Fixed it for ya........and the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    CW the impeachment is not failing. The information that the whistleblower provided was accurate and was confirmed by cowardly conman himself. How much better does it get when the offender admits to the crime he has committed. The political party the accuser is affiliated with is immaterial.
    Ninja edit not quite quick enough senior Stalin........the original words are still there, I fixed them for you.

Carry on

Arrow

Been Going Downhill From Day ONE
    Sinking like a Chicago thug with cement shoes on !