Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Who accused you of hating or loving either driver??? You said Bobby has won more races, fact. You said Devin will get more wins down the road...which you, I, and many others likely agree with.

You asked, what has Devin won. I answered the question.
    Was simply pointing that out to prevent people from bashing me for my opinion and thinking it's biased. I've read a message or two on this board.

The question was also rhetorical. Meaning he hadn't won sh!t. I was wrong though, forgot about the PDC win

Default Skipped those stats????

Nope , just ignored them because it wouldn't make his argument work.

Your post is another good one c and b......both good drivers and both appear to be good young men.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Pierce is rarely the problem in any of the arguments .....his driving style and numbers speak for themselves.

Everyone knows that " club bobble head" drives those outrageous fan bus conversations as if they were driving the race team hauler and doing the car set ups themselves.

And they wonder why?
    I don't think there's many sensible people on this forum that disagree with your assessment of those couple posters, but I'm not sure I would consider 1 or 2 people a 'club'.
    When I saw this thread I knew Pierces name would come up and the age old 4m style run down would commence on Pierce, like it always does.
    Like I posted earlier, I would rather see a conversation about what everyone feels the problem is with Dunn-Benson 2.0. They have been struggling (in comparison to prior years) since they got back into racing. Pearson didn't have near the results, Pierce showed signs of speed, but nowhere near consistent. Moran has not ran as good as he did last year(although not horrible), Carrier Jr had no luck in his start for them. All these guys are very capable of winning races and did before joining the team. Is there a common denominator? Or is it simply the fact that these races are harder to win than they were back in the D-B glory days?

Without a doubt the races are much harder to win .....the talent level and equipment equity has entrenched itself throughout the field compared to those days.

I think DB 2.0 is just struggling to find that chemistry it takes to put that show on the road and win consistently ......those early days with Earl wasn't just Earl, it was a team that knew what each other was doing before they were even doing it, they worked very well together.....and EPJ driving the shoot out of it didn't hurt.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them move to BD chassis, being Earl back one last time for a good run and let er eat......don't see that happening and I'm hearing the same things everyone else is hearing but it would be cool to see.

Trying to compare Pierce vs Moran is apples and oranges IMO. Pierce not chasing a points payout vs Moran running lucas points, say both drivers are running 16th with 20 to go and both drivers missed their setup that race. Moran stays on the track to get as many points as possible but actually puts more laps and wear and tear on a car and engine, but is more conservative and takes what he can get out of the car because of points. Pierce pulls off for a DNF to save equipment and knowing payout from 10th-24th is pretty much the same but since points arent on his mind, its rightfully a checkers or wreckers menality. There is a lot of what ifs that makes it a bad comparison in my mind.

The biggest issue in my mind is Dunn Benson not having either driver for more than 1 season. Expecting to have success against the 49, 20, 14, 5, 1 , 0, etc. cars that have notebooks on many of these tracks for at least 5+ years in your very first season as a team with your current driver is pretty impractical.

I believe both Pierce and Moran will have more and more success over the next 5 years as they get more and more polished especially if they find stable rides to grow as a team that takes at least 2 years together.

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    Trying to compare Pierce vs Moran is apples and oranges IMO. Pierce not chasing a points payout vs Moran running lucas points, say both drivers are running 16th with 20 to go and both drivers missed their setup that race. Moran stays on the track to get as many points as possible but actually puts more laps and wear and tear on a car and engine, but is more conservative and takes what he can get out of the car because of points. Pierce pulls off for a DNF to save equipment and knowing payout from 10th-24th is pretty much the same but since points arent on his mind, its rightfully a checkers or wreckers menality. There is a lot of what ifs that makes it a bad comparison in my mind.

The biggest issue in my mind is Dunn Benson not having either driver for more than 1 season. Expecting to have success against the 49, 20, 14, 5, 1 , 0, etc. cars that have notebooks on many of these tracks for at least 5+ years in your very first season as a team with your current driver is pretty impractical.

I believe both Pierce and Moran will have more and more success over the next 5 years as they get more and more polished especially if they find stable rides to grow as a team that takes at least 2 years together.
    By the time there's 20 laps left with a poor setup, Pierce has already knocked the deck out of it and smacked the rearend off the wall a few times. Has Pierce ever pulled off to save the car?

I'm no fan of either but----- LOOK who won last night at Tri-City....... and he ran on the bottom for first part of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Was Fergy not happy with Rocket because of performance or safety? I was thinking it was a Longhorn he was driving that the halo bent down on when he had the bad wreck
    maybe its the driver? Just a thought.

Devin just signed with Chuck Hummer to drive the #25. Could be a rumor though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Devin just signed with Chuck Hummer to drive the #25. Could be a rumor though.
    How can that be? I heard Jill George was jumping in that car.

my posts about winning went over some of the members heads! My point was winning pays the most! stay with me here I will go slow for bloomer fan boy and its not dunn bensons fault boy barbeque . The stats I wrote of was driver A had 17 wins worth about $144,000 and driver B had 48 races with no wins for about $123,000. Still with me u two? ok so your argument is driver A is to hard on equipment and driver B is not, driver A has $21,000 more in winnings than driver B with 31 less races ran! This is were u say holly (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and I say I know! so we have to get driver A to 48 races so driver B has 48 races so lets divide 48 races into 123,000 for a average so that's $2562. Both drivers are national type drivers and really hope they do better than that but that's 31 X $2562 is $79,375 ok now we add that to $144,000 for 17 wins and get $223,437. Now driver A has $223,437 for 48 races and driver B has $123,000 for 48 races so that's a $100,000 more for driver A! We know driver A is hard on the gas takes some chances to get the wins but sometimes it doesn't work out and leads to some dnfs while driver B doesn't take as many chances and tears up stuff less but doesn't get the win total either. Each has 48 races and we will say the expense is the same tires and fuel, travel the basics stuff but driver A has ripped the clip off the front a couple more times $1500 to $2000 a time so about $4000 ok bolt on stuff a couple more grand. The rear end hit the wall hard three or four times more than driver B did so say new bell, tubes axle so go with $1000 a time , lets throw in a rear clip to say about $1500, we for sure have to say driver A ripped the deck and spoiler off it 20 more times than driver B did , $200 bucks a time so $4000 more, a couple motors got hurt more than driver B say $20,000 over and a above normal rebuilts so $40,000. If we add that up that's $54,500 extra driver A had than driver B did but driver A had 100,000 more in winnings so he is up still $45,500 now some of this is estimates so numbers might be different I think we all understand that, my point is that winning still covers so much more that u can tear up more stuff than a guy running 6th to 12th that u still can come out ok because the money for winning is so much more no matter if won "locally" or on a tour. Now if driver A doesn't win than we fire him and hire driver B!!

Driver a is getting 1500 start $ for his dnfs verses driver b getting 5k per race for top 5 on average because 2ns third place pays decent. so driver a gets 25k plus damage. verses driver b is getting 85k an no damage based on 17 races.

It's expensive to replace 8 engines a year. Really expensive. Even if you pawn the crap off on FB after stitching it back together.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Can I have some fresh crackpot pepper and some thousand excuse dressing with that word salad please????

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    Please tell us who the competition was at Tri-City compared to what Moran runs against week in & week out.

Like I said ,I'm no fan of either.
    I just like racing in general.
    I pull for the locals or the under dog.

Sorry to get you all upset ...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's expensive to replace 8 engines a year. Really expensive. Even if you pawn the crap off on FB after stitching it back together.
    Not every engine that goes up in smoke is a total loss. Plus, when a team doesn't own the cars, there's more $ to spend on engine repairs. We don't know what happened to them, but these engine issues happened while Pro power was getting into roush yates ford stuff and I'm sure some of the problems were associated with that. McCreadie came alive later in the season after switching builders and Moyer Jr quit running them also, so there were obviously more issues with them than Pierce being hard on them. Yes, I agree Bobby is going to use every bit of equipment he has under him, but $50,000 engines should take anything you throw at 'em as long as it's not over revved and there's a chip for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Not every engine that goes up in smoke is a total loss. Plus, when a team doesn't own the cars, there's more $ to spend on engine repairs. We don't know what happened to them, but these engine issues happened while Pro power was getting into roush yates ford stuff and I'm sure some of the problems were associated with that. McCreadie came alive later in the season after switching builders and Moyer Jr quit running them also, so there were obviously more issues with them than Pierce being hard on them. Yes, I agree Bobby is going to use every bit of equipment he has under him, but $50,000 engines should take anything you throw at 'em as long as it's not over revved and there's a chip for that.
    I'm well aware they are not always a total loss. I am also aware it takes $10k to drop the pan and look around.

Plenty of folks are not afraid to bump that chip a bit too far. And too much heat, too much timing, and all the other issues that kill cheap engines kill the expensive ones just the same. A guy with junk turns it 7500. A guy with the best goes 9200.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm well aware they are not always a total loss. I am also aware it takes $10k to drop the pan and look around.

Plenty of folks are not afraid to bump that chip a bit too far. And too much heat, too much timing, and all the other issues that kill cheap engines kill the expensive ones just the same. A guy with junk turns it 7500. A guy with the best goes 9200.
    Those are all good ways to tear an engine up, but I don't think too many teams are messing with timing or running chips not approved by their engine builders. Usually the crank trigger is set at xx degrees and the distributor is set at xy degrees by the builder to give the driver options and that's it.
    Now, running an engine hot, very possible as everyone does it. Remember the ad on DOD where Bloomer was bragging about running the last x amount of laps after the water pump fell off? I believe it was a Durham ad.
    I don't disagree that Pierce runs the $hit out of his stuff, but I think with that Ford deal they were trying to run, it wasn't all on him.

I think Dunn-Benson Motorsports was much more about Carlton than Kemp. They got to travel around together as father and son which made for a stronger than usual relationship but the enthusiasm was always with Carlton. He likely sold cars and trucks because of his racing sponsorship over the years but I doubt there's much to that nowadays. It wouldn't surprise me to see DB fade into the sunset with the patriarch now deceased. Also, going from winning a lot to not winning much at all takes racing from a delight to a chore in short order.

Heard Dustin Jarret say during the Pittsburgher last Night Devin going back to Twarog next year. Wonder if they will follow national series or just run local?