Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are..... The hidden gems of late model racing?

We talk an awful lot about the crown jewels, where can we find the hidden gems, the best kept secrets the races that don't move the needle much nationally, but you don't miss them.

Go.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Tri-State Speedway in Haubstabt IN. Amazing racing ! I've never actually been to Duck River Speedway in Wheel TN. & Port Royal Speedway in PA, but they are all the rave in late model & sprints. 201 Speedway in Sitka, Ky was neat, but i'm not sure it's open this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    Tri-State Speedway in Haubstabt IN. Amazing racing ! I've never actually been to Duck River Speedway in Wheel TN. & Port Royal Speedway in PA, but they are all the rave in late model & sprints. 201 Speedway in Sitka, Ky was neat, but i'm not sure it's open this year.
    I second Haubstadt. The track is awesome, as is the track prep. Duck River is another good one. Three more that come to mind: 1. Path Valley, 2. Greenville, and 3. Tri-County/Brasstown. All three would be awesome with a big group of cars, including some national ringers.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Dubuque Ia, West Union Ia, I 80 Speedway, Lakeside Speedway Ks., Cedar Lake Wi., Knoxville Ia.

River Cities Speedway Grand Forks, ND place is awesome 1/4 mile bullring with no walls

Crowley's Ridge Raceway between Jonesboro and Paragould, AR always puts on a good show. It's a 1/4 mile bullring, and it's almost like two different tracks on each end and whether you run top or bottom. It's a pretty small facility but it's well kept and they've been making some improvements the last few years. ArkLaTex Speedway in Vivian, LA is a great LM and Mod track. The Pelican 100 was a great event while they ran it. West Plains is still alive and well. Springfield Raceway in MO is another racy place. They don't run many SLM races, but they're usually good. The Turkey Bowl around Thanksgiving is a nice event to end the season if you get a chance to go.

Jackson Minnesota, black dirt 4/10th mile. An awesome facility

Spoon river is an awesome track

I second that ^^^^^^^^^^^
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Wythe Raceway... Rural Retreat VA; the track is always perfect, super friendly people and the view is awesome.

I haven't been in a couple of years but I like Lee County Speedway in Donnellson Ia and 34 Raceway in Burlington Ia
    If you aint got dirt, its your own asphalt!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Wythe Raceway... Rural Retreat VA; the track is always perfect, super friendly people and the view is awesome.
    I second that one! Big place and hard on cars but man the racing is usually good and the best seat in all of racing IMO.

I'd second Spoon also. It's like a mini old Eldora. Wish they could get a big race there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    I haven't been in a couple of years but I like Lee County Speedway in Donnellson Ia and 34 Raceway in Burlington Ia
    LCS is one of the best tracks in Iowa. Almost always super smooth unless the ground is very saturated with rain.

Port Royal in Pa. Best track in the country east of Eldora. Has both WOO and Lucas regular shows but not a signature late model weekend YET. I look for that to change as their big weekends for sprints are hugely successful.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I'll third that. I try not to miss the Southern Nationals race there. My favorite dirt track, bar none.

I always thought 311 was the hidden gem in the Carolina's........until it was taken over by the wizard of oz and the flying monkeys.

Shame
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The PDC was the hidden gem until WOO invaded lol. Been going to it since the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBandit12 View Post
    Jackson Minnesota, black dirt 4/10th mile. An awesome facility
    No doubt. Just attended the IRA sprint show there last weekend...best race I've seen in 2019.

I know it's my hometrack... but Crossville Speedway in Crossville, TN is a high-banked 1/3 mile track when prepped right, you can see 2, 3 or 4 wide around that place. I wish it could get some bigger shows to come in and showcase it more.