Default Jeff Purvis Relishes Memories of a Career Worth Celebrating

http://insidecircletrack.com/2019/10...h-celebrating/

The racing legend talks about his Eldora wins, Scott Bloomquist, and even a regret or two

No question my all time favorite. I’m lucky I got to see him race. I fell sorry for those of you who didn’t. I saw him lap the field at a big race at Granite (Tri City) on the old big 5/8 mile. Made a mockery out it that night. Never forget it. Purvis in a Rayburn with a Ray Baker motor? Forget it...y’all racing for 2nd.

Was he running legal in his career or he have some special help 🤔🤔
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

He was the best is his era the era mixed between street stocks and crates wouldve been nice if he rans supers 25 more years just see how much more he accomplished

Ride Height I've seen Purvis at Granite a time or two I was young back then but I remember, he'd win every time. What sanction was that series back then or was it one? I always was excited when Purvis, Moyer, Schrader in his Red Baron car, all the Kosiskis would be there, Mike Wallace and Gundaker were fast there as well...

Its unfortunate what happened to him in NASCAR.

He was something to watch in a SLM at the time.

He was in the NDRA era, ran the Wedge cars as well, won in all of them.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 10-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Just say no...

You gotta wonder were he mite have been today if he stayed in a SLM ? I think he and bloomie would have waged some great battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Its unfortunate what happened to him in NASCAR, IMHO he was taken out, but nevertheless.He was something to watch in a SLM at the time.He was in the NDRA era, ran the Wedge cars as well, won in all of them.
    what do you mean by taken out? Are you talking about his crash?

Ignore that WWMan, kinda unfair of me to say that.

Just say no...

Purvis was one of the best. From 1979 on up I was lucky enough to see him in every era in dirt track racing. I hated it when he went to asphalt. He did good there too and made it all the way to the Kodak #4 in NASCAR when it mattered. I think he was in the TimberWolf car and he got nailed in the door......it was a tragic wreck. He just never came back like he was after that crash. Purvis was one of the best!
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    Purvis was one of the best. From 1979 on up I was lucky enough to see him in every era in dirt track racing. I hated it when he went to asphalt. He did good there too and made it all the way to the Kodak #4 in NASCAR when it mattered. I think he was in the TimberWolf car and he got nailed in the door......it was a tragic wreck. He just never came back like he was after that crash. Purvis was one of the best!
    Timberwolf #37 I think at Gateway, was watching it. Scary and 100% agree with you. He went back to dirt in a crate at the end.

What truly did him in was the bad wreck in his stacker with his whole family and they got very lucky.

He used to run at Sharon Speedway too.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Was he running legal in his career or he have some special help 樂樂
    Why try to fuk up a thread about one of the greats?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Timberwolf #37 I think at Gateway, was watching it. Scary and 100% agree with you. He went back to dirt in a crate at the end.

What truly did him in was the bad wreck in his stacker with his whole family and they got very lucky.

He used to run at Sharon Speedway too.
    Nazareth sorry.

Purvis was the greatest of his era as Bloomer was in his. They had a match race of sorts at Florence around 1989. Bloomer in his car and Purvis in CJ Rayburn's Car ( CJ 1) Boggs was in the race and trailed closely behind them. It was Wednesday night, and what a show. I was a big Purvis fan in his era, Bloomer not so much but they were the best I ever saw. No offense to the Moyer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Why try to fuk up a thread about one of the greats?
    It wasnt meant that way. Was just asking a simple question. I never saw him run just remember the name in nascar. Geez
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!