Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 261 to 278 of 278

Thread: let's chat

  1. #261

    Default

    Hey Brad, back on the air filter assembly deal. Are the gains with the Walker system due to the whole package (drop base, filter, top) or is it just from the Walker top? Is there any value to say a normal flat base but a walker top?

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    the base is completely re-designed for air direction
    it may look like a traditional drop base but it's not
    the deal works as a unit --including the filter itself
    the base and top have special mating surfaces to the filter
    I have had folks use them (Top and/or base) with standard filters but I do not recommend it (not a good fit)
    The intention is to have the smallest amount of obstruction to the air headed to the deck and spoiler as possible while still having the same amount of filtration capacity----the bonus is that it has no problem handling dynamic air and it flows as good as the flat base.
    we tune the exact height with custom sure seal rings

    Brad
    www.race-1.com

  3. #263

    Default

    10-4. Thank you for the reply Brad!

  4. #264
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Brad, is the walker system designed for just for the crates or do you thing there would be an advantage using it on big inch open engines.

  5. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Ben Walker has told me that Durham Racing engines is on board with the low pro system.

    Not sure who is doing the engines for Josh Richards and Tim McCreadie but both of them are running them.
    I am sure there is more ---I don't have my finger on the super world much

    Brad
    www.race-1.com

  6. #266
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Port Royal PA
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Cornett does both their engines i believe.

  7. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

  8. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Has anyone ever tried a vacuum pump on a crate engine? Is it even legal? With the wet sump pans they have to run would it be any benefit or just cause the oil pump to work harder to suck up the oil. Our wet sump super engines turn to many RPM to stack one behind the P/S fuel tandem pump. Got me to thinking if maybe it might work for you guys running crates.

  9. #269
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Has anyone ever tried a vacuum pump on a crate engine? Is it even legal? With the wet sump pans they have to run would it be any benefit or just cause the oil pump to work harder to suck up the oil. Our wet sump super engines turn to many RPM to stack one behind the P/S fuel tandem pump. Got me to thinking if maybe it might work for you guys running crates.
    It's illegal in most crate rules, but many allow an evac system on the headers.

  10. #270
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    After watching a recent video on horsepower gain from fuel cooling, has it been tested on crate motors?
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).

  11. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    an actual fuel cool can is considered illegal in many crate venues ---HOWEVER---let us look at the subject of "cool fuel"
    in the gas family of fuels, the cooler the fuel the better the performance from the engine...
    I think we can all agree on that,
    so routing of fuel lines and using hose insulation should be a consideration on all cars
    next is a bypass regulator
    as we continually send fuel back to the cell with a bypass regulator ---we are also pulling cooler fuel to the carburetor

    just something to consider when you are after all that is available

    Brad
    www.race-1.com

  12. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Does anyone run an oil cooler with the internal oil pump? I have pulled our super engine out and put our steel block engine back in to run a couple races with another series and with the steel block series you have to run internal oil pump. Just wondering if the internal pump is enough to run through the remote filter and an oil cooler with out dropping to much pressure.

  13. #273
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    an actual fuel cool can is considered illegal in many crate venues ---HOWEVER---let us look at the subject of "cool fuel"
    in the gas family of fuels, the cooler the fuel the better the performance from the engine...
    I think we can all agree on that,
    so routing of fuel lines and using hose insulation should be a consideration on all cars
    next is a bypass regulator
    as we continually send fuel back to the cell with a bypass regulator ---we are also pulling cooler fuel to the carburetor

    just something to consider when you are after all that is available

    Brad
    www.race-1.com
    Have you done any testing? Just curious to see what the difference would be. It would be very inexpensive to produce.
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).

  14. #274
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    here are some casual results from testing
    but at the end of the day --I promise you cooler fuel makes more power

    during the winter months we store our bulk fuel in an unheated garage
    IF we run out of dyno fuel on a day where the temperatures are less than in our dyno room and we have to go to our bulk fuel that is the same fuel only difference is temperature we will absolutely see gains instantly
    as much as 10 HP in 40 degrees of fuel temp

    we try to plan ahead and always have our fuel at a constant 72* F for testing because of this swing

    hope that helps your understanding a bit---cooler fuel is always better

    Brad
    www.race-1.com

  15. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    here are some casual results from testing
    but at the end of the day --I promise you cooler fuel makes more power

    during the winter months we store our bulk fuel in an unheated garage
    IF we run out of dyno fuel on a day where the temperatures are less than in our dyno room and we have to go to our bulk fuel that is the same fuel only difference is temperature we will absolutely see gains instantly
    as much as 10 HP in 40 degrees of fuel temp

    we try to plan ahead and always have our fuel at a constant 72* F for testing because of this swing

    hope that helps your understanding a bit---cooler fuel is always better

    Brad
    www.race-1.com
    thanks....... the video I saw was a dynoed 383 and it made 11hp more!

    Side note......I researched 2 different crate series rules and no mention of cooling the fuel!
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).

  16. #276
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Whats the scoop on this new thermostat housing/expansion tank some are running?

    https://www.facebook.com/eagleracingengines
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).

  17. #277
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    zero--
    back up a post
    colder fuel--colder air always makes more power----cold shrinks everything ---this enables you to get more into the same space creating a bigger explosion in the chamber----that is a very basic answer ---the discussion can go on for days but I like to keep it simple
    I do believe the RUSH series has a rule against cool cans but I'm not 100% on that


    next post---
    that is a pretty fancy water set up from the guys at eagle
    we have been using Arts expansion tanks forever on modified engines where the rad is below the engine and I have always considered using the same in a late model application ----
    when we completely control the cooling system a different tune is permitted on the engine and power gains are inevetibble

    brad
    www.race-1.com

  18. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Its fancy alright......$675!

    I talked to Cory about it, he said its more like a thermostat! He said if youre using E85, it will pay for itself in the lack of time it takes to get the engine up to temp!
    An army of sheep led by a lion(Trump), is mightier than an army of lions, led by a sheep(Biden).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.