Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: let's chat

Hey Brad, back on the air filter assembly deal. Are the gains with the Walker system due to the whole package (drop base, filter, top) or is it just from the Walker top? Is there any value to say a normal flat base but a walker top?

the base is completely re-designed for air direction
    it may look like a traditional drop base but it's not
    the deal works as a unit --including the filter itself
    the base and top have special mating surfaces to the filter
    I have had folks use them (Top and/or base) with standard filters but I do not recommend it (not a good fit)
    The intention is to have the smallest amount of obstruction to the air headed to the deck and spoiler as possible while still having the same amount of filtration capacity----the bonus is that it has no problem handling dynamic air and it flows as good as the flat base.
    we tune the exact height with custom sure seal rings

Brad
    www.race-1.com

10-4. Thank you for the reply Brad!

Brad, is the walker system designed for just for the crates or do you thing there would be an advantage using it on big inch open engines.

Ben Walker has told me that Durham Racing engines is on board with the low pro system.

Not sure who is doing the engines for Josh Richards and Tim McCreadie but both of them are running them.
    I am sure there is more ---I don't have my finger on the super world much

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Cornett does both their engines i believe.

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

Has anyone ever tried a vacuum pump on a crate engine? Is it even legal? With the wet sump pans they have to run would it be any benefit or just cause the oil pump to work harder to suck up the oil. Our wet sump super engines turn to many RPM to stack one behind the P/S fuel tandem pump. Got me to thinking if maybe it might work for you guys running crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Has anyone ever tried a vacuum pump on a crate engine? Is it even legal? With the wet sump pans they have to run would it be any benefit or just cause the oil pump to work harder to suck up the oil. Our wet sump super engines turn to many RPM to stack one behind the P/S fuel tandem pump. Got me to thinking if maybe it might work for you guys running crates.
    It's illegal in most crate rules, but many allow an evac system on the headers.

After watching a recent video on horsepower gain from fuel cooling, has it been tested on crate motors?

an actual fuel cool can is considered illegal in many crate venues ---HOWEVER---let us look at the subject of "cool fuel"
    in the gas family of fuels, the cooler the fuel the better the performance from the engine...
    I think we can all agree on that,
    so routing of fuel lines and using hose insulation should be a consideration on all cars
    next is a bypass regulator
    as we continually send fuel back to the cell with a bypass regulator ---we are also pulling cooler fuel to the carburetor

just something to consider when you are after all that is available

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Does anyone run an oil cooler with the internal oil pump? I have pulled our super engine out and put our steel block engine back in to run a couple races with another series and with the steel block series you have to run internal oil pump. Just wondering if the internal pump is enough to run through the remote filter and an oil cooler with out dropping to much pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    an actual fuel cool can is considered illegal in many crate venues ---HOWEVER---let us look at the subject of "cool fuel"
    in the gas family of fuels, the cooler the fuel the better the performance from the engine...
    I think we can all agree on that,
    so routing of fuel lines and using hose insulation should be a consideration on all cars
    next is a bypass regulator
    as we continually send fuel back to the cell with a bypass regulator ---we are also pulling cooler fuel to the carburetor

just something to consider when you are after all that is available

Brad
    www.race-1.com
    Have you done any testing? Just curious to see what the difference would be. It would be very inexpensive to produce.

here are some casual results from testing
    but at the end of the day --I promise you cooler fuel makes more power

during the winter months we store our bulk fuel in an unheated garage
    IF we run out of dyno fuel on a day where the temperatures are less than in our dyno room and we have to go to our bulk fuel that is the same fuel only difference is temperature we will absolutely see gains instantly
    as much as 10 HP in 40 degrees of fuel temp

we try to plan ahead and always have our fuel at a constant 72* F for testing because of this swing

hope that helps your understanding a bit---cooler fuel is always better

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    here are some casual results from testing
    but at the end of the day --I promise you cooler fuel makes more power

during the winter months we store our bulk fuel in an unheated garage
    IF we run out of dyno fuel on a day where the temperatures are less than in our dyno room and we have to go to our bulk fuel that is the same fuel only difference is temperature we will absolutely see gains instantly
    as much as 10 HP in 40 degrees of fuel temp

we try to plan ahead and always have our fuel at a constant 72* F for testing because of this swing

hope that helps your understanding a bit---cooler fuel is always better

Brad
    www.race-1.com
    thanks....... the video I saw was a dynoed 383 and it made 11hp more!

Side note......I researched 2 different crate series rules and no mention of cooling the fuel!

Whats the scoop on this new thermostat housing/expansion tank some are running?

https://www.facebook.com/eagleracingengines

zero--
    back up a post
    colder fuel--colder air always makes more power----cold shrinks everything ---this enables you to get more into the same space creating a bigger explosion in the chamber----that is a very basic answer ---the discussion can go on for days but I like to keep it simple
    I do believe the RUSH series has a rule against cool cans but I'm not 100% on that

next post---
    that is a pretty fancy water set up from the guys at eagle
    we have been using Arts expansion tanks forever on modified engines where the rad is below the engine and I have always considered using the same in a late model application ----
    when we completely control the cooling system a different tune is permitted on the engine and power gains are inevetibble

brad
    www.race-1.com

Its fancy alright......$675!

I talked to Cory about it, he said its more like a thermostat! He said if youre using E85, it will pay for itself in the lack of time it takes to get the engine up to temp!

Brad,
    With the new addition to the RUSH rules. What's big deal with E-85 fuel? Suddenly I see lot's of gas crate carb's for-sale?

THANKS,,,,,,

Good to see your still involved John---

E85 has been the trend across the country for a couple of years--so RUSH going to it is no surprise
    carburetorts are able to be converted (proffessionaly) so really they don't need to sell the farm to make the change.

when E85 is used properly it does out perform gas in most situations--
    there is WAY more to it than just a jet change and different drum of fuel
    -that's all I'm gonna say for now

Brad
    www.race-1.com