Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

sound of crickets

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Name someone who has less financial motivation to paint the rules his way.

I'll wait.
    And how is any of that Mark’s fault? It’s a fuel stop, live and learn. JD fuked up, 4 gallons less fuel and a bigger carb.

I’m sure Mark didn’t demand a fuel stop, just gave insight. At this point, his opinion matters as much as anyone’s like it or not.

Funny the people who hate on Mark. Real SOB to be on top.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

When you're on top there's always people cheering for you to fail.

Who's hating on him, as soon as some one says something about a guy or has a different opinion than yours you're automatically a hater. Bet you vape to CnB.

I made a very on point statement of fact. I don't see how it's more than that. It could have been, but it wasn't.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Name someone who has less financial motivation to paint the rules his way.

I'll wait.
    What does needing a fuel stop have to do with financial gain for Mark? He wasn't even at the race to lose or gain from it. Who do we listen to if not the guys who are around this stuff everyday of their lives and are successful at it?

JD could have ran a 4 gallon bigger cell by the rules, but had they not stopped during the cautions he would have ran out with that also. I mean why change the race procedure rules to half a$S address the concern, especially when not even a month ago the same sanctioning body had a fuel stop at a similar sized track.
    Personally, I don't feel fuel mileage should ever be the deciding factor in a dirt race. Shorten the amount of laps on the big tracks to avoid the issue all together. JMO

I made a very on point statement of fact. I don't see how it's more than that. It could have been, but it wasn't.
    I'm not going to debate your opinion or facts, but you did try to answer my question with a question.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    What does needing a fuel stop have to do with financial gain for Mark? He wasn't even at the race to lose or gain from it. Who do we listen to if not the guys who are around this stuff everyday of their lives and are successful at it?

JD could have ran a 4 gallon bigger cell by the rules, but had they not stopped during the cautions he would have ran out with that also. I mean why change the race procedure rules to half a$S address the concern, especially when not even a month ago the same sanctioning body had a fuel stop at a similar sized track.
    Personally, I don't feel fuel mileage should ever be the deciding factor in a dirt race. Shorten the amount of laps on the big tracks to avoid the issue all together. JMO
    The lack of rules enforcement for bodies has led to it. They used to not run out anywhere. This includes Knoxville. If a bird is born with gills, it dies. Momma bird does throw it in the water. There is nothing wrong with the race format. The problem is a lack of control over the class.

All subject matter has experts with unbiased opinion. Unfortunately, they tend not to lobby because they are not financially driven. Lobbying usually costs money directly, if not indirectly because of time spent.

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-09-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The lack of rules enforcement for bodies has led to it. They used to not run out anywhere. This includes Knoxville. If a bird is born with gills, it dies. Momma bird does throw it in the water. There is nothing wrong with the race format. The problem is a lack of control over the class.

All subject matter has experts with unbiased opinion. Unfortunately, they tend not to lobby because they are not financially driven. Lobbying usually costs money directly, if not indirectly because of time spent.

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.
    If Marks statements were financially driven, then wouldn't it make sense for him to offer a bigger fuel cell, and charge more money?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    If Marks statements were financially driven, then wouldn't it make sense for him to offer a bigger fuel cell, and charge more money?
    They have a bigger cell and a few had it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Who's hating on him, as soon as some one says something about a guy or has a different opinion than yours you're automatically a hater. Bet you vape to CnB.
    Break down assume for me sweetheart. Don’t fukin vape, never have, never will. Don’t smoke cigarettes, never have, never will. Do not chew. I drink Jack on the weekends.

Different than mine, I call everyone a hater? Pretty broad and totally non factual statement. You got me mixed up with the Pierce Posse. Anyone talks about Richards, I can guarantee there’s 2-3 that’ll be here like stink on sh!t to tell you what a turd he is. Them are facts, hate, dislike, wtf ever you wanna call it. Since hate got your panties wadded up, go with dislike.

No one has to like my opinion, I don’t care if I’m the only one in the room with it, is what it is. Never been a sheep.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Back in the STARS era the Pittsburgher always had a fuel stop at halfway. Likewise I remember fuel stops at Hagerstown for some of their bigger races. A very common sight in that era was teams switching carbs to run either Cam 2 fuel or Alky. Fuel stop they ran Alky for temps and performance, no fuel stop they ran Cam 2 fuel for mileage. Decisions had to be made then just like decisions were made at this years Pittsburgher. Sometimes those decisions don't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Back in the STARS era the Pittsburgher always had a fuel stop at halfway. Likewise I remember fuel stops at Hagerstown for some of their bigger races. A very common sight in that era was teams switching carbs to run either Cam 2 fuel or Alky. Fuel stop they ran Alky for temps and performance, no fuel stop they ran Cam 2 fuel for mileage. Decisions had to be made then just like decisions were made at this years Pittsburgher. Sometimes those decisions don't work out.
    JD simply had a smaller fuel cell and a bigger carb, that’s all. Just a simple mistake.

If Mark had a link to buy his latest greatest 32 gallon fuel cell, ok, y’all got a point, cheesy and distasteful. But if it was just a been there done that, no harm, past experience. Blue I’ve been at at least a couple races with a fuel stop. Maybe Hagerstown, and PPMS, cannot remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    Cannot stand vapers, white Oakley’s, or back ward hats, there ya go.

Checking deck height before the race instead of after like they always used to has the decks way up in the air causing people to be in the fuel more when the track drys out. They used to use 13-14 gallons at Pittsburgh in 100 laps .... Cornett does send stuff out super rich so I’m sure that didn’t help. Either way you are allowed 32 gallons and JD was 7 laps short with 26....

I read somewhere that he had a 28 gallon cell, but your point is the same. JD wasn't the only one who ran out, but there were several others who made it with fuel left. Learn from it and move on is all you can do.

[QUOTE=MasterSbilt_Racer;2289858

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.[/QUOTE]

$2800 fuel cells seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    $2800 fuel cells seriously?
    With the cage yes

Another one of those "requirements" that cost racers money and line others pockets.