Default Pullbar vs. Liftbar on 3 link?

Would liftarm be better on 3 link setup?

If doing everything "by the book" I think the pullbar will be better. It will get the car off the corner better. However, a pullbar is a real detriment to corner speed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

If I could run a lift arm I would as long as the rules allow it. On a lift arm car I believe that you can pick up the gas sooner and the other main thing I see is on a pull bar car you get a lot of pinion rotation in chassis hike and give the pull bar a lot of dead travel . It is nothing to see a solid pull bar car have 6 to 8 pinion angle change as the chassis hikes up on the LR. And with the the pull bar car you end up traveling the J bar on the pinion a lot more that can make a lose chassis on exit. Then with the extra movement of the J bar or panhard bar you will get more side to side movement of the rear end housing . Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hammond motorsports View Post
    If I could run a lift arm I would as long as the rules allow it. On a lift arm car I believe that you can pick up the gas sooner and the other main thing I see is on a pull bar car you get a lot of pinion rotation in chassis hike and give the pull bar a lot of dead travel . It is nothing to see a solid pull bar car have 6 to 8 pinion angle change as the chassis hikes up on the LR. And with the the pull bar car you end up traveling the J bar on the pinion a lot more that can make a lose chassis on exit. Then with the extra movement of the J bar or panhard bar you will get more side to side movement of the rear end housing . Thanks Dave
    Dave, if you run a short pull bar with 0° to 5° uphill at ride height not only will you slow the pinion rotation down to almost nothing, but the increase in wheel load is considerable not to mention it doesn't take any weight off the links during wrap up.... Just need to tie the front down a bit harder and add some RR thrust and she digs for days. I'll send you some pics over FB messenger. Had a young kid in UMP sportmod win 3 in a row like this. Atomic. Molar and... Florence as well I believe.

Mr. Kennedy Im building a modlite thats 3 link. That bunch are pretty far behind. I had to redesign whole rear suspension on this thing. Most are running a long solid upper on the right side. Some are running a short center solid or pullbar type. I have set mine up in the middle but I dont know where to start with upper angle or even up or down hill. The guys running them rarely know either. Do you think those numbers might work? The way you put it is what my goal is. Very little pinion change. And uphill would def help load numbers.

Mr Kennedy 777,do you believe the flatter pullbar will work on a 4-bar a mod as well the way you described earlier??

Brett 4 I believe it works better with a z link and spring on cage or housing, just because the flat bar does take a bit of A/S away from the RS. But yes that's where I have had the most success was with a 4 link with actual pull bar not solid rod. Better side bite and forward bite once we smartened it up.