Thumbs up FALS - Very well run show last night. Hope this becames a yearly tradition in October

With a cold forecast last night the fans still came out to see a good show in all 3 divisions.
    They had what I would consider a very good car count for a chilly day in mid October.
    There where 39 UMP Super Late Models, 31 UMP DIRTcar Modifieds, & 36 UMP Pro Late Models in attendance on a cold breezy day in the fall.
    Matt Curl and staff took a chance and it paid off with some very good racing in all classes.
    Sure would be cool to see this on the schedule as a yearly race.
    The track was very racy with a not much of a cushion near the outside wall.
    To me there was a clear 3 different grooves on the track. All in all a very good well run show.
    One caution in the late model race and a few in the others.
    The early start times where a good idea.
    Got to thank the staff at Fairbury for a very well run show and some quality racing the race track.
    A lot of the fans that I sat near last night seem to be very happy they had one last show to enjoy at Fairbury before the season came to an end at the track last night even with the cold weather.
    Would be awesome if the DIRTcar Fall Nationals moved to Fairbury as the track seems to be more centrally located in the main area of UMP and more cars could attend with out a very long drive to get there.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-13-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Had a great time. Love fairbury. We drove 4 hours 1 way for the show.

This was a make up date...it was originally scheduled earlier in the year i believe...

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    This was a make up date...it was originally scheduled earlier in the year i believe...
    Yes it was a makeup date. The original date was in early May if I'm not mistaken.

When does FALS not deliver? The place is just outstanding. The only bad feature I have seen there out of close to 20 trips was the WoO sprint show in 2018. Track took rubber 1/2 way thru feature. This year's WoO was outstanding & all the late model shows are really good there. Saturday night was cold but was a really good show.

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    Yes we know that.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I say why not just make this a one night 20K to win show from here on out. Whether it is April or October (preferred as the name goes with the "fall" season).
    Make it a Friday night, that way if it rains out, you still have Saturday to fall back on as a make-up day..
    Seems like a no-brainer to me.