Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No more LOLMDS @ Tazewell???

Just seen on Facebook that Lucas dropped Tazewell and picked up Talladega short track... What's going on

Really?? They had to drop Tazewell just to pick up Talladega?? That just plane suck man

The taz won't be the last and only one dropped. It sounds like they're gonna cut 5-6 races next year. Fayetteville and now tazwell.

They picked up Talladega but I doubt that’s the reason they dropped taz.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The taz won't be the last and only one dropped. It sounds like they're gonna cut 5-6 races next year. Fayetteville and now tazwell.
    With Fayetteville gone may b they will pick up another nc track
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

The Lucas schedule is supposed to be released sometime this weekend

I am hoping to see Kokomo on the schedule for next year.

I'm sorry for local fans in that area but Fayettville doesn't deserve a national date. The track has some of the worst racing of any track on either national tour.

Well I’m sure the majority of drivers aren’t upset about Taz dropped. Perhaps they pushed this. Bout like Macon makeup was canceled cause they all wanted to go home.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I don’t think Talladega got the Taz date.

mccreadiefan39

I'm about an hour from Fayetteville, I stopped going the racing got so bad. I never have claimed to have the answers but what they have tried has not worked.

Many of the teams have complained to Lucas Oil about Taz for years. The road in/out with the big haulers, the pit area & ect. With the bigger bodies- the racing has somewhat took away the side by side racing there.
    My viewpoint:
    #1. There has been absolutely no improvements to the facility in 30 years-except painting the guardrails annually. Is status quo still enough in today’s times?

#2.- if Gary Hall is being truthful about Lucas not giving him a reason - that’s terrible on their part. Taz has been with them since the beginning. Is the series getting to “big headed” for their own good? Example:- having Dirt on Dirt cut back on videos. Just ???? But look what has happened to NASCAR in the last few years. We need Lucas Oil & the World of Outlaws both to thrive- but by being fair, honest & respectfully to all parties- including the fans, promotor s& teams.
    Maybe we will know more about “why” soon as to TAZ. I don’t think it has ever been discussed as to why the World of Outlaws didn’t return there??
    As a fan living 30 minutes away- it will effect me - but whatever the reason- hopefully we will know more??

And yet Tyler Co. has 2 Lucas dates. They have made a few upgrades lately but it still has to rank as one of most rudimentary tracks around. Probably more to the Taz story, there usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    I'm sorry for local fans in that area but Fayettville doesn't deserve a national date. The track has some of the worst racing of any track on either national tour.
    Thank you im 2.5 hrs away and feel the same
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I'm 25 minutes away and feel the same way, haven't gone to a race in awhile. It sucks to because the guy seems like he really tried but the place just produces bad racing. Fayetteville has a lot of positives location, facilities, nice people but the track just sucks.

I'll agree with foxfire about Tazewell. The restrooms have not been updates since General Longstreet peed there after the Civil War battle for Knoxville. Also, I'm wondering if Volunteer might be back on the schedule. That's four tracks really close together battling for dates -- 411, Smoky Mountain, Volunteer and Tazewell. Someone had to get the short end of the stick and Taz has the worst facilities so...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    And yet Tyler Co. has 2 Lucas dates. They have made a few upgrades lately but it still has to rank as one of most rudimentary tracks around. Probably more to the Taz story, there usually is.
    Atleast Tyler County is racey... Tazewell is fast but that doesn’t produce good racing

We go to Tazewell just about every year, and have since HAT was there in the 90’s. When you never do anything to upgrade your facility or your track, you have no right to cry when things like this happen. Also, as someone else said, the road in and out of there has to be pretty tough for those big haulers. Parking for fans isn’t exactly a pleasure either. Tazewell is a cool track when it’s racy, but more often than not it isn’t good enough to overcome all the negatives about the place. I know a lot of people are surprised by this announcement, but I’m not. With Smoky Mountain bouncing back with a promoter willing to do whatever it takes to be a top attraction, places like Tazewell will get left behind.

The problem with tazwell is they have forgot how to work there track when John Thompson had the track it was racy every night not now I quit going.

Tazewell has been one groove around the top every time I've been there. As a promoter you have to realize that and make the bottom racier, even if that means taking some of the banking out of it.