Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

They said they was going back to the old format

Quote Originally Posted by rdcllk View Post
    If they where so good at qualifying. Wouldn't about 40 cars qualified around 14.8. How many times has a driver said it felt like a fast lap? Or it didn't feel very fast. I'll never buy a guy is good enough to turn a lap to make an invert.
    How does the guy that is out first know what he needs qualify?
    I do believe heat winners should start towards the front
    They can. Bloomer has proven this over and over along with the other greats. I agree it seems unreal but they absolutely can.

If I qualified in the top 1/2 and won my heat race and was told to go to a B Main, I'd pack up and not return no matter what the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in purse is. Scott got screwed.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If I qualified in the top 1/2 and won my heat race and was told to go to a B Main, I'd pack up and not return no matter what the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in purse is. Scott got screwed.
    And if one driver does it no big deal but, if several do it then it will become a big deal and just maybe they will change the format. I don't care what the format is as long as the drivers know before they enter the race weekend. Then as long as they know and they show up they have no room to bitch about it but, wouldn't blame them for trying to get it changed for the next time they come back.

Totally agree! I am at the race & have no idea what l saw last night regarding the points format. Would be just like Bloomer to start way back & win just to make a statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Totally agree! I am at the race & have no idea what l saw last night regarding the points format. Would be just like Bloomer to start way back & win just to make a statement!
    You can’t have fans attending your race and not know what’s going on. Should be a rule that you can’t have passing points format unless you have a good scoreboard to show standings. It’s pathetic that a guy wins a heat and doesn’t get in. The driver gets screwed and the fans have no clue what’s going on.

This is a huge problem

Positioning in the feature should be based more on racing than qualifying in my opinion.

He didn’t qualify in the top half of his group tho....

The whole problem with this format is in the event you have a prob in qualifying, you have 0 chance of making the feature thru a heat. If they started 7th on back in the heat and drove thru to win, they still go to a consi. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    That's the problem nowadays.....all the touring guys gear up for qualifying knowing they will start up front. They don't wanna race, they wanna run 1-2 laps in the tacky stuff to start up front & screw the fans.
    They come prepared. Who got screwed? Guys that ran 1st and 2nd in heats and have to run b's

Madcat, it won't let me quote ya again. No sweat bud, no offense taken.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    So you are expected to unload a $100,000 race car, qualify as fast as you can, and finish as high as you can in your heat race to earn a starting spot in the feature. Then you win your heat race and not only aren't starting near the front of the feature, but you're not even in it yet! The bigger names need to threaten to boycott such stupid formats in the future!
    Who are these biggest names you are talking about? Richards, Marlar, Sheppard, Davenport, Turbo Erb, Ferguson, Buckingham, James, Covert, Hudson, Owens, Clanton, Dennis Erb Jr, Pierce, Bronson,
    & T-Mac all have made the feature!! I think if you check, they all out timed the ones from the front row of each heat who haven't made it yet!
    Last edited by popk77; 10-19-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRuss View Post
    The whole problem with this format is in the event you have a prob in qualifying, you have 0 chance of making the feature thru a heat. If they started 7th on back in the heat and drove thru to win, they still go to a consi. Stupid.
    Exactly. I'm wondering how many guys buried in them B Mains will even hand around. They only take the top 3. I think I seen where Hoffman left.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Did they change the format for this year?
    Yes. Was implied it was the old format. It is not. It is a format that weighs qualifying very high, but then inverts a six. So then the guy who qualified mediocre starts up front, wins his heat, starts in the front of the consi. Was zero point to winning the heat really.

Personally, single heat format, don’t draw the invert TILL AFTER qualifying, then however you finish the heats is how you start the feature.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Looks like I gotta eat crow. Announced Lucas Feature on tap next which means they finally are running in scheduled order. This is awesome for anyone who drove in for the day like our buddy’s. Since 2006 when we came to our first they haven’t done this so one good change for the weekend.

Also I want to pay some kudos to PRP on upgraded camping. Marked rows, some more port a pots(still need more come on), people selling water, pump outs, firewood, ice, pretty good work this year. We were told 500 campers as of Friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by popk77 View Post
    Who are these biggest names you are talking about? Richards, Marlar, Sheppard, Davenport, Turbo Erb, Ferguson, Buckingham, James, Covert, Hudson, Owens, Clanton, Dennis Erb Jr, Pierce, Bronson,
    & T-Mac all have made the feature!! I think if you check, they all out timed the ones from the front row of each heat who haven't made it yet!
    Covert, Scott James, Bronson, and Buckingham are big names?

So why not just scratch heats, qualify like NASCAR, and line then up. I mean your basing sh!t on a qualifying lap, so save them time an money. Do it NASCAR style. Worked out great for them. Maybe at lap 50 mandatory caution, invert the field.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

CnB that's one messed up format. Did the drivers know ahead of time this was going to be the format for the weekend? Don't get me wrong I'm not in favor of this format. If you win a heat race you should automatically be in the show now that's my opinion and others may feel different and that's ok but, if the drivers knew ahead of time this was the going to be the format and they signed in to race well they have nothing to bitch about for that weekend but, should express how they would like to get that changed for the next time they come back.

4 laps in stormy Scott is on his lid. Clanton marlar owens richards and Sheppard are the top 5

Goofy format for sure. However the cars that started in the front rows and won would not have started in the front row under any other format. So there is that. I needed my son to explain the format even though I was looking at it on dirt on dirt at the time. LOL
    Need to either do the two heat races format or the qualifying format IMO.
    Drivers should never run heats with no chance of making the feature through the heats. That is nuts.
    Something tells me there will be a new format next year.

16 in Casebolt has a flat. Owens leads clanton marlar sheppard richards mccreadie pierce terbo jd erbjr