Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah to say cj is hard headed is an understatement Lol

Exclamation

I don't think a Rayburn is behind the times or has not adapted ....I call them a working mans race car. There is not many dirt late model drivers in the country winning 15 shows or more every year in a car so I would put a Rayburn with a Longhorn or XR1 any day costing about half the cost. Rusty has proved they win...CJ tells me all the time strength is in the numbers but with only 10 of us driving them we needed the numbers to stay alive...we all know CJ is hard headed but like many of us he sees the cost out of control so u are not going to convince him 5k worth of shocks will beat a set of Konis we all have opinions but to me CJ is still on top of this game!

"u are not going to convince him 5k worth of shocks will beat a set of Konis we all have opinions but to me CJ is still on top of this game!"Those are 2 VERY contradicting things within the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    "u are not going to convince him 5k worth of shocks will beat a set of Konis we all have opinions but to me CJ is still on top of this game!"Those are 2 VERY contradicting things within the same sentence.
    The second part of my comment refers to chassis knowledge and Rayburn is just as good as an XR1 or Longhorn if you ever talked to CJ he is not sold on high dollar shocks making a race car faster.

Rsr fan: I personally watched the demise on Rayburn cars at the local level. They were once dominant at area tracks, but they got to where they weren't competitive with the 4 bar cars. Everyone knows that "high dollar" shocks are one of the main things that makes a car faster. You couldn't hold down the RF like they do with a non-adjustable Koni.

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    Rsr fan: I personally watched the demise on Rayburn cars at the local level. They were once dominant at area tracks, but they got to where they weren't competitive with the 4 bar cars. Everyone knows that "high dollar" shocks are one of the main things that makes a car faster. You couldn't hold down the RF like they do with a non-adjustable Koni.
    Any shock can work if you valve it as needed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It’s pretty sad, but he had a hell of a run. This jabroni will only speak positive words about the great CJ Rayburn.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Fox has valved a non adjustable shock for the RF that CJ had switched too. Viking Shock for auxiliary shock and Koni rest of the way...and you are correct about Rayburn being once dominant at various local tracks....to Rusty's credit he has made Rayburn again dominant at Oakshade Raceway were several guys have won this year in a Rayburns prepared by RSR including one driver getting his first ever win.

I just don't see, in this day in age, why you would expect someone to buy your car and then have to carry dozens of shocks in the trailer. Shock adjustments are CONSTANTLY being made, right up to last second changes before pulling onto the track. That can't be done if you have to swap shocks.

Does rusty run the konis ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Does rusty run the konis ?
    He runs Bilstien.

Bruce McLaren of dirt late model racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone ripped his ideas off. what a shame that is.

Rayburn.....Bullitt, Howe, TCB, Jig-a-lo...CJ's run lasted longer than most, glad Barry Wright is still hanging in there (and hopefully his health is improving). Watched Purvis win his first World (and my first trip to Eldora) in his Baker powered Rayburn. Actually had one in the mid-80's-still one of my favorite cars.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He runs Bilstien.
    So just so i have this right the "one" winning races has high dollar shocks on it

If you have been living off past profits and savings for the last decade or so technically you went out of business a while ago.... A guy his age building up to date race cars just isn’t realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    So just so i have this right the "one" winning races has high dollar shocks on it
    You’d be correct.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

C.J. Was a racers, racer. It doesn’t get better than that guy.

He could flat set one up for eldora 1 an2 at the dirt million an Purvis was always good at Eldora.

rayburn always said smooth is fast

He deserves to retire. He will go down as 1 of the greatest dirt track minds ever. They day he turns off the shop camera's it will be a sad day in history.