Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucas schedule

3 of the 4 at Wheatland are for the show me 100. Do you realize that?

I’m not sure why you are counting multi day shows at these tracks as separate visit. That’s idiotic. All these multi day shows are big events, even Eastbay. Most of them only count for points on the final night.

loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.

lose - be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).

I understand that UMP rules the state and tracks could step up and schedule a race if they saw fit, but only two IL tracks on the schedule is a crime.

New Handicap restrooms for the pits and infield along with a new 32 row grandstands in the pits are two other improvements coming this winter at Port Royal.

bleedblue55 - 9 races in 10 days puts a huge strain on the teams to run that many nights in a row. Running 10% of the tour all at 1 track on 6 consecutive nights just doesn’t seem fitting for a national, touring series. 3 nights at East Bay would be plenty. In a few years they won’t have any, which will be a shame.

huskerdirt - Yes, I am aware that most of the events I listed are multi-day shows at the same track. I’m not the one counting them as separate races, the Lucas Oil series is. They even titled their schedule release as “56 race schedule for Lucas Oil Late Models in 2020” which makes it sound like 56 separate events. So if it’s idiotic, blame the series because they are the ones advertising it that way. I know they don’t count points for the prelim night of a 2 night show. I didn’t even count those in my totals, which would add another night at a few of those same tracks. I only included the 56 races that are considered separate events. I get that the Lucas Oil series wants to be known as the “big events” series. I just prefer to see races at different tracks instead of the same show for several nights at the same track.

Nobody forces anybody to race all week at east bay. Fri/sat are the only point shows

Yeah but if you don’t you are at a disadvantage com Friday/Saturday

56 races is 56 full nights of racing. Nobody is false advertising. Big races need the prelim nights to be successful. When you say “3 nights at Batesville” you are implying 3 separate visits in your argument. The logistics of the series is already hard. You want them to roll into town and be out in 6 hours to add even more races to the schedule. That makes no sense. Not every track can host a Lucas race. For example.... any track west of I-80 couldn’t host a Lucas show. Either because of the facility or they wouldn’t get any cars. When the SDN rolls around, those tracks shut down because they know fans are gonna be at I-80.

3 separate visits (at different times during the season) is not what I am implying with Batesville, Knoxville, etc. A prelim night for a special event is fine. The extra races at the same track on the previous nights are the ones I don’t care for. And if the logistics are already so hard, then what is the benefit of running 9 out of 10 nights to kick off the season? That’s a quick way to thin out the tour regulars, which happens almost every year. I am sure the tour regulars are fine with the extra nights at those tracks because they don’t have to travel and it gives them extra laps prior to a big event there. As a fan, I love seeing them race at different tracks, especially tracks that are new to the tour. Copy and paste scheduling and many races at the same tracks just doesn’t build any interest for me. I didn’t say you had to agree. Enjoy your 3-4 nights at I-80.

So I guess it is now safe to assume that Cody Summers is officially done promoting Mansfield and the Dirt Million is no more?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    So I guess it is now safe to assume that Cody Summers is officially done promoting Mansfield and the Dirt Million is no more?
    Yes, probably done as a race track forever.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Bubba is broke. Facing foreclosure last I saw.
    According to their FB post, the track is paid for!

Plus, Bubba has announced a new gig!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    According to their FB post, the track is paid for!

Plus, Bubba has announced a new gig!
    Sounds like your there PR guy🤔🤔
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Dirt Million...never had a chance at year 3.
    Port Royal is a very solid upgrade for Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    We knew that this spring didn't we ?

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Dirt Million...never had a chance at year 3.
    Port Royal is a very solid upgrade for Cody.
    I definitely agree there. Wanna try to make this race. Car count will be great, and racing there is A+. And they really promote, attempt to improve.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    I understand that UMP rules the state and tracks could step up and schedule a race if they saw fit, but only two IL tracks on the schedule is a crime.
    Yea love to see them hit somewhere different instead of 2 nights at tri city which is basically in Missouri. Macon is great but the April date is always rough. Spoon river would be a good one. Luckily we get to see a lot of the Lucas guys at pdc.

Make Friday night at port royal worth some money, not just time trials and heats

No Tazwell is criminal. Why the need to have all those races during Florida speed weeks, kind of over kill ya think? Really putting pressure on teams to decide if they want to follow the series during the beginning of the year.

I would like to see some minor changes to the schedule for 2020. Not going to happen, but something like this:

54 events
    44 tracks

1/31 Golden Isles
    2/1 Golden Isles
    2/5 North Florida
    2/6 East Bay
    2/7 East Bay
    2/8 East Bay
    2/9 All-Tech
    3/14 Senoia
    3/27 Atomic
    3/28 Brownstown
    4/3 411
    4/4 TST
    4/17 Tazewell
    4/18 Richmond Ky
    5/1 Tri-City
    5/2 Macon
    5/8 Ponderosa
    5/9 Florence
    5/14 Marshalltown Ia
    5/15 300 (Farley Ia)
    5/16 34 Raceway
    5/22 Lake Ozark
    5/23 Lucas Oil
    5/29 Salina Highbanks
    5/30 Caney Valley
    6/12 Cherokee
    6/13 Smoky Mountain
    6/19 Whynot
    6/20 Magnolia
    7/3 Hagerstown
    7/4 Port Royal
    7/10 Deer Creek
    7/11 Jackson
    7/17 Tri-City
    7/18 Lucas Oil
    7/22 Stuart Ia
    7/24-7/25 I-80
    8/14-8/15 Florence
    8/21 I-30
    8/22 Batesville
    8/28-8/29 Port Royal
    9/5 Sharon
    9/6 Tyler County
    9/17 Knoxville
    9/18 Knoxville
    9/19 Knoxville
    9/25 Kokomo
    9/26 Brownstown
    10/2 Raceway 7
    10/3 Pittsburgh
    10/10 Dixie
    10/11 Rome
    10/16-10/17 Portsmouth
    Last edited by hoosier race fan; 10-21-2019 at 07:32 PM.