Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What no tire gate discussion.

Seems Bloomer was denied a tire change last night because his tire wasn't flat. JD got DQ'ed for changing a tire that was deemed also not being flat. Not sure if thats all there was to it but seemed to be according to social media this morning.

It's a great idea. Bringing out intentional cautions to change tires is out of control and is turning these long distance races into marathons.

This has been a rule in Lucas shows all year if you cause a caution with no flats u can not change a tire. This is the 2nd or 3rd time this year it has happened to bloomquist

They said Steve Francis ok'd JDs cause it was going flat. Was that not the case?

JD was penalized. Crossed 9th but listed as 26th

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Seems Bloomer was denied a tire change last night because his tire wasn't flat. JD got DQ'ed for changing a tire that was deemed also not being flat. Not sure if thats all there was to it but seemed to be according to social media this morning.
    Why is it tire gate? They’ve had that rule, and it’s a great rule. Glad to see they enforced it on two of the biggest names.

Guess I’ll reiterate, that format, since that’s why you wanna make this something it’s not, is terrible.

Everyone wants more emphasis on racing, not qualifying. But oh, it involves Bloomer, so now we love the Southern/NASCAR format. Happy, there ya go.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I didn’t care who it involved, just so happened it was Scott. The format sucks.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think the reason for this thread was because it appeared that JD was allowed to change a tire that was not flat without reprise. But in fact they did penalize him.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I think the reason for this thread was because it appeared that JD was allowed to change a tire that was not flat without reprise. But in fact they did penalize him.
    That's exactly what I was wondering about, why DQ one but not the other. I did hear there was a little bit more to the JD situation. Water under the bridge as neither played much of a factor in the race.

This is a bit off topic, but I haven't read about many guys getting busted with sauced up tires this year.

seems like a really subjective rule. " how does an official really know if something is going wring with a tire?" How about if you go off the track you go a lap down?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    This is a bit off topic, but I haven't read about many guys getting busted with sauced up tires this year.
    very true. Madden comes to mind. Technology probably needs to catch up with e newest sauce around.

Or they could just sell them tires that don't need saucing.....and by that I mean sell them to everyone.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Why didn't his crew just let air out of the tire after they removed it?

It could be seen when he pulled in. That it had air in it

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    That's exactly what I was wondering about, why DQ one but not the other. I did hear there was a little bit more to the JD situation. Water under the bridge as neither played much of a factor in the race.
    I believe it’s because JD actually changed the tire and I’m assuming was told not to. And Bloomer didn’t change it after being told SOL.

Maybe they need to keep screw drivers out of the crew members hands during a tar change.

Ole Zyoung might be on to something

Let’s face it if the tire isn’t flat you’ll have guys stopping on the track just to make adjustments. They got caught and it cost them the tv title. Lucas did a great job enforcing rule here.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    They stopped doing that when it became illegal. Who do you think we're dealing with here-- a bunch of cheaters ?????