Thumbs up Tony Izzo Jr. and Sixteen Race Promotions buys MARS Racing Series.

Delete page.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

One thing for sure, after the last group of owners of MARS ran it into the ground, an Izzo ownership has tremendous upside.

What can this mean for a renaissance of La Salle Speedway?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    One thing for sure, after the last group of owners of MARS ran it into the ground, an Izzo ownership has tremendous upside.
    MUD I agree. He's not a bad promoter. Just had some bad luck with certain dealings and what not. I could see this working out. Tony's been around a good while and has see the good and the bad. The Thaw Brawl LaSalle was always a good show in my opinion. I'm sure someone will think this is a crock but I sure don't. Let see what he can do in his first year at the helm and run the series. No one is perfect right from the start.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Just means canceled events will be spread across the Midwest instead of at one track

not sure how I feel about this, mixed emotions

I would imagine we will see multiple events at Plymouth Speedway in Indiana since Izzo was helping with track prep there.

Hopefully, this means events in IL, IN, and hopefully a couple events in IA and WI.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Hopefully, this means events in IL, IN, and hopefully a couple events in IA and WI.
    Guess will see. Hope to see a few other tracks on the schedule. Maybe Hartford Speedway in Hartford (Southwest), MI would be interested in a race Those folks are good people and promote a good track. They pack the fans in there as well. I'm not gonna cast any type of judgment until I see how Tony's first year with the series goes.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-21-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

my opinion: oh how I hope this works.

MARS had a long and distinguished history that had great regional support and was ran well enough that the national stars would frequently show up.

and I have been an Izzo supporter since I watched him and crew rescue several events that would have never happened if not for the efforts and hard work with a hands on tony and crew.

add in the chance that several of these events might happen relatively close to my dirt track desert location and I have my hopes up.

besides, who else is trying start up ventures? best wishes to all involved.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

They had a good variety of different tracks on the 2019 schedule. I think keeping most of those and adding just a few more races would make a nice tour for 2020 and something to establish the series for the future. Here’s my take on it:

18 races at 15 tracks
    3/6 Clarksville
    3/7 Clarksville
    4/17 Belle-Clair
    4/18 Fayette County
    5/8 Farmer City
    5/9 Fairbury
    5/29 Bloomington
    5/30 Plymouth
    6/27 Moler
    6/28 Brownstown
    7/3 Thunder Valley
    7/4 Lawrenceburg
    7/31 Windy Hollow
    8/1 Brownstown
    8/14 Tri-City
    8/15 I-55
    9/6 Spoon River (Mars vs Big 10)
    10/3 Plymouth (Mars vs AELMT Autumn Classic)

Thumbs up

Hoosier Race Fan

It would be cool to see Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana added to that schedule. Not sure what track(s) you could pair with it for a 2 or 3 race weekend.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Hoosier Race Fan

It would be cool to see Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana added to that schedule. Not sure what track(s) you could pair with it for a 2 or 3 race weekend.
    BloomingtonSpeedway , Indiana
    Brownstown Speedway, Indiana
    Windy Hollow Speedway, Owensboro,Kentucky
    Thunder Valley Speedway, Salem, Indiana
    Western Kentucky Speedway, Madisonville, Kentucky

… not to mention St. Louis is just 2.5 hours away, so all of those area tracks would be a good option as well.
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Does this mean LaSalle will have this race series there also?

Quote Originally Posted by 18mmod View Post
    Does this mean LaSalle will have this race series there also?
    I think most of the equipment to work the track was sold so I am not sure if LaSalle has a chance of opening again.

pretty much all of LaSalle's track equipment was purchased by Merritt speedway in northern Michigan. Lasalle is done unless they decide to sell the land off.
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Hoosier Race Fan

I agree that a race at Tri-State would be a good addition to the schedule I listed. The only reason I did not include them is because they run a very few events that don’t feature non-wing sprints as the headliner. Their summer nationals race is usually the only late model show they run. I tried to keep my schedule realistic, and I just don’t see Tri-State running another late model race. I’d love to be proven wrong though.

There were quite a few tracks I wanted to add, but didn’t because I just don’t think they would book a show with the Mars series. Tri-State, Kokomo, Gas City, Montpelier, Hartford, Lincoln, Jacksonville, Highland, Charleston, maybe even Kankakee or Shadyhill. I like the 2 race weekends with pairings of tracks that are relatively close together. Plenty of options for Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday tracks and events. Clarksville/Windy Hollow, Bloomington/Tri-State, Thunder Valley/Brownstown, Moler/Lawrenceburg, Tri-City/I-55, Belle-Clair/Fayette County, Farmer City/Fairbury, Lincoln/Spoon River, Plymouth/Kokomo, Gas City/Montpelier. Maybe even Kankakee/Shady Hill or Boswell if their deal works out. I left a lot of those off if they already host a race with another series or rarely have late model shows. All wishful thinking, but I hope the series does well under new ownership.