Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

B_K, are you talking about the one where Skip Arp and Mark Martin raced side-by-side for the lead for most of the race?

2006 World 100. No doubt about it. Hands down.

Some of the best races I have witnessed were just regular old Saturday night shows with local racers at several different tracks. does not always have to be a big race with big names to be a good race.
    Last edited by bgood14; 10-23-2019 at 01:54 PM.

2006 World 100. Will be hard to ever beat that one.

06 world 100 edge of your seat the entire race!
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

2006 World 100. 13 years later and I can still picture the last 15 laps like they were playing live in front of me. Wow

The best dirt late model race I've personally seen was an August WoO LM show at Lernerville back in 06 or 07. McCreadie and Eckert went back and forth for the lead for the last 25 laps of the race, T-Mac up on the cushion and Eckert down around the hub. The race wasn't decided until the last lap when Eckert spun coming off four to the checkers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I have a top 3 that stand out.

1 & 1A - my top 2 are a tie. The first Illini 100 (2007 I think). Babb & Moyer & others waged war at Farmer City. Had to have been double digit lead changes with Moyer edging out Babb at the end.

The first year the PDC became a WoO show (2013). Babb outdueled Pierce & McDowell in a wild one. Babb & Pierce were side by side for basically 40 laps & McDowell made it 3 wide in the last 10. This was the night of the infield tire controversy as well as Cierra punching McDowell while waiting at the scales.

My 3rd one is this year's Dream. Not so much just the feature, but the night as a whole. The racing was good & there were so many wild goings on with the rain crash in heat 5 and the feature ended up coming down to the wire. Definitely the wildest night of racing I have seen in 20 or so trips to the big E.

Seen lots of really good races over the years at lots of venues including all types of cars, but for late model racing, those 3 stand out on another level.

Cierra Pierce punched Dale McDowell???? How the heck does that even happen???

I remember the yuke tire whining....can't say I recall the assault.

My favorite dlm race in person was the Brad Neat Victory down at east bay a while back.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I imagine a few races have been forgotten over time, but hands down the most memorable is Brian Birkhofer's 2014 Knoxville win. A great race with several lead changes, but the finish is what no one will forget.
    After Birkhofer's disappointing 2013 Knoxville National run, Brian's determination, skill and luck was rewarded by a story book ending. Believe there wasn't a person in the stands that didn't share in the thrill Birky felt. Rare moments such as these brings us back to the track time after time.

Bristol, (think it was the second year) Scott works Freddy on the inside until last lap, last corner. Freddy moves down going into three, Bloomquist moves from inside to the top, barely beats Freddy at the line. One of the best finishes I have been to anyway.

2003 N/S for sure following by the 2006 World 100

Default Fairbury Cierra punch

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Cierra Pierce punched Dale McDowell???? How the heck does that even happen???

I remember the yuke tire whining....can't say I recall the assault.

My favorite dlm race in person was the Brad Neat Victory down at east bay a while back.
    Waiting at the scales after the race, she punched in thru the driver's side window at McDowell. Don't know if contact was made but she did take a swing. It was the icing on the cake of a hellacious race.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    WDRL race at Dubuque with Darren Miller and Steve Boley knocking each other around.
    That is the race I always think about as well. Had to have been around 2000 or so. Birkhofer was in the mix as well. Dubuque was awesome in those days. The guy on the low side would dive in hard/deep to 1/2, and look like he was jumping out to a nice sized lead, only for the guy on the high side to come roaring off of 2 and edge back by as they went down the back straight. That went on for many laps.

Summer Nationals race at Haubstadt in 2012-2013...St. Louis modified driver Scott Weber passed everyone and won the race. He got by Scott James on the white flag lap. It was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Summer Nationals race at Haubstadt in 2012-2013...St. Louis modified driver Scott Weber passed everyone and won the race. He got by Scott James on the white flag lap. It was incredible.
    Remember seeing the dirt on dirt video of that one. Was pretty incredible.

Dream IV: Frye vs. Bloomer
    Believe it was a Busch All Star Race in Freeport, IL: A young Darren Miller swapping the lead with Gary Webb every lap.
    So many - what a difficult question.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Waiting at the scales after the race, she punched in thru the driver's side window at McDowell. Don't know if contact was made but she did take a swing. It was the icing on the cake of a hellacious race.
    I could see her taking a swing at somebody maybe, but Dale McDowell???? While still strapped in the car to boot???

Classy.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by bgood14 View Post
    Some of the best races I have witnessed were just regular old Saturday night shows with local racers at several different track. does not always have to be a big race with big names to be a good race.
    So true.............................................. .....

Quote Originally Posted by bgood14 View Post
    Some of the best races I have witnessed were just regular old Saturday night shows with local racers at several different track. does not always have to be a big race with big names to be a good race.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Honestly, so many of the crown jewels turn out not to be "all that," except the fact that all the big names are there.