Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 XR1 copy

Default 2018 XR1 copy

Selling chassis, deck, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, and brake lines for $6000
    Call for more information. 724-454-6642

This is when you find out why rocket is actually the best value out there ...

why is that huck , you really dont believe some one could not clone a xr1 or any other?????

It's done every day a buddy and me copied a 2014 warrior in 2014 and put all points on a Black Rocket He said warrior points drove much better he cowned another black rocket it was updated didn't like it either. We are planning to do an XR 1 as soon as the people get chassis. We mainly do it to help out local guys that get cars bent to help them out . We ain't getting rich off it.Lol

You can absolutely copy it , but when you go to sell it your going to get half as much .... Thats just the way it is.

When there is a well established dominate brand in a given industry copy’s aren’t what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    You can absolutely copy it , but when you go to sell it your going to get half as much .... Thats just the way it is.
    may be , but you only have about 20% of what one from rocket cost to begin with so you still come out ahead......

Where do you come up with that number ??? The docol and brackets are more than 20%

Where do you come up with that number ??? The docol and brackets are more than 20%
    A guy could build the same car from moly, but even then, yeah, it isn't 20%. Plus, how do you prove its the same?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

how much you guy,s paying for that magic docol XR1 ???? i know what they quoted me for chassis with spindles and lowers....btw masters , i guess you would prove it on the track.....

Are you counting your labor on the car as free also ?

This isn't your average backyard copy. Former employee of Mastersbilt and Rocket built it and the craftsmanship is 2nd to none. Proven winner. New car on the way must sell. Call 724-454-6642
    This is a chance to get up with the times for a fraction of the cost.

Battle Chassis, Dale Barnett. Spelling might be wrong. Supposed to be a couple headed to my area. Not in our shop though.

Are you counting your labor on the car as free also ?
    i can bend an notch the tubes , dont know how much thats worth , but im getting some age on me and hire a young welder that i will put beside any one , that will come here and weld it in for 800 bucks , still curious as to what you paid for that new xr1 you bought ? because what i was told backs up my 20 % , i guess my labor is worth 5% so i will bump it up to 25%.......also ,. i do realize that only a SMALL percentage of people involved with late model dirt racing can do what i do , and if i sold one i would defiantly want more than 25% , i just dont like being told i cant do something like duplicate something built from tubing and a welder , got that from my dad i guess , and he was the best i ever seen at this......
    Last edited by fastford; 10-29-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I will sell it with bumpers, t bars, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, deck, brakelines, 3 wheel shutoff, brake adjuster, gauges, pedals and master cylinders, complete front suspension with Rocket Lowers, Rocket spindles, Howe ball joints, bearing uppers, and a Sweet slotted rack for $9000.

The good news is that if it’s priced right and someone wants it then it will sell ....

Everybody can't afford a Rocket I am like Fast Ford I like doing it my self if it's mine who cares .

I have literally done everything my self my entire life .... this is the only car I’ve ever bought assembled do to time constraints... I’m just saying used rockets go for stupid money , used anything else takes forever to sell and doesn’t sell for very much. Those are my observations and it’s not my fault ....

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Everybody can't afford a Rocket I am like Fast Ford I like doing it my self if it's mine who cares .
    I couldn't agree more. But, I can't argue against Huck either. My friend, I help, has a remanufactured Mastersbilt. I am unsure if he would gain speed with an xr1. Despite the fact he outruns a lot of xr1, the car would sell for next to nothing.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-30-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Excellent point most of us do it all guys know we aren't gonna get Rocket type money for a homebuilt copy anyway we are just having fun trying to survive.