Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chicken Bone Alley

Just ordered tickets for the Saturdays portion of the World Finals in Charlotte. ROW 6!!! Needless to say my frustration level is through the roof as neither Friday or Saturday had any tickets higher up. I understand the 3 day pass deal and seniority based off of previous year ticket purchase. (We went for the first 4 years, My dad passed and a couple of kids will set you back.) I am bringing a couple of my buddies that are "Somewhat" race fans this year with me and its a shame that "First time" or "Single Day" ticket holders have very little seats to choose from and all of them are in chicken bone alley. (BTW single ticket sales opened up at 10:00 and my tickets were purchases at 10:01)

I am posting this question to the group. Do you all think that for these bigger races this format of ticket/seat saving is conclusive to the sport in general?

*****Before anyone gets all bent out of shape because you have "rights" to the seats because you have purchased tickets for the last how many years. Think about the bigger picture******

Thanks for you input fellas!

Thats why I renew my seats every yr. I have jumped around trying to upgrade and have sat as low as 10th row.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Same here: if you want good seats-get them & keep them! I have had the same seats for Crown Jewels for years. The tracks/promoters depend on their loyal customers for ticket sales. It’s a must do for their financial interests.
    It kinda surprises me that ksmitty79 is only going for 1 day & is upset about his seating. My tickets were bought & paid for last November.
    What would you do if you were a track promoter?
    It’s the same with most sporting events outside of racing also. You have to plan ahead for good seats and also nearby motels & not wait till a few weeks before the event. Yes, this does cost upfront money but do it now for the future. One other train of thought: get on the season renewal list & try to upgrade each year until you get the seating you prefer. It can be done & if you can’t go-it’s usually not hard to sell the tickets to a premier race.
    Just my 2 cents worth -which doesn’t matter at all!

No doubt we will renew (upgrade) this go around but man I was surprised at the lack of available seats.

As for why not all three days? Work obligations / 7 month old / 3 year old

As for planning. Made the decision early June and we had to wait until today to order. It is what is it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by ksmitty79 View Post
    No doubt we will renew (upgrade) this go around but man I was surprised at the lack of available seats.

As for why not all three days? Work obligations / 7 month old / 3 year old

As for planning. Made the decision early June and we had to wait until today to order. It is what is it I guess
    When u renew ask to upgrade your seats and they will find you better ones. $10 holds the seats and have to be paid 1mo before the race date.

Great Advice SS
    Ksmitty79- I hope you didn’t take my reply to your post as being negative toward you. I understand your disappointment entirely. This event always sells out every year-that’s why people continue to renew their seats. Got your foot in the door now-so just keep on trying to improve your seats. Believe me- it will happen.
    I hope you & your buddies enjoy the show!! 🏁🏁

Im in sect 101 row 20 seats 1&2. Giving autographs by appt only 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not at all fox

So, why don't they find a creative way to add more seats ?

They could be like the airlines and oversell the seats available.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Im in sect 101 row 20 seats 1&2. Giving autographs by appt only 藍藍藍藍藍
    I got sumptin you can sign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    I got sumptin you can sign!!!
    What color sharpie do u prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    So, why don't they find a creative way to add more seats ?
    Return on Investment. I am sure they have studied whether it was worth putting more in.

For what it is worth, my decision to go is usually made a few days before the race, just simply due to a lot more important obligations. With that said, a couple years back I sat on the first row. Had a great seat and view, all I wished for was a back to lean on. All seats at this place are fantastic, the bottom row is better than the top row at many tracks, and it is easier to get out and stretch your legs. You won't be disappointed any where in the place.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    What color sharpie do u prefer?
    Bright green would be great, I think I've got room for your middle name if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    Bright green would be great, I think I've got room for your middle name if you want!
    If u did u wouldnt b on this forum!

Do all the seats have seat backs. Thinking about going, just looking for Info.

Quote Originally Posted by nomar523 View Post
    Do all the seats have seat backs. Thinking about going, just looking for Info.
    Yes they do. Theres some down next to the track that might not but for most part they are

sounds good

Last I was there, the bottom 10 rows or so did not have backs.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Last I was there, the bottom 10 rows or so did not have backs.
    Yea i knew there were some at bottom of bleachers but dk how far up they went