Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mansfield for sale

https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=5729

Why couldn't he make it work?

Because he’s not that good at promoting.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Cody tried- invested a lot of time and $ - that is more than I did for sure. His perspective has changed and it's his life - he has done a lot at a young age and I respect him for that. My hope is that someone with an interest in racing buys it and continues what Cody started. The place has huge potential and could handle a major dirt late model race better than many of the places that hold them today.

The guy who keeps complaining about Eldora not having a weekly show needs to be contacting these folks and secure the track so he can show Roger and Tony how it's done.
    "The Wise One"

the track sucks, doesn't matter how nice facility is the racing wasn't ever very good.

Maybe because it is a asphalt track covered with dirt.
    8/13/16

asphalt was taken out before dirt was put back down

The pile of asphalt is still there near the pit entrance. Has been there since before first race Cody promoted.

Despite what you may think of Cody and his race promotional skills, let's be honest, the weather absolutely played havoc with his 2019 race schedule.....tough to make a go of it when just about the entire season schedule was wiped out.....That being said, the track surface was almost non race-able...... and would need immediate attention if a new owner takes over.

The article says that Cody owns the track. I don’t think the purchase ever actually happened and that Grant Milliron still owns it. If Cody actually owned it you would think he would have actually tried to make the track racy.

Someone on this forum basically called this a while ago after the last dirt "million".

The story incorrectly states that they put dirt on top of the old pavement.

That surface is awful, and has been since they removed the pavement to put down “clay.” The track is very narrow in 3 and 4 with the old pit wall still standing. That wall also forces any cars and track vehicles to go all the way around to the backstretch to get off the track. 1 and 2 is a little less narrow, but it is almost always very rough on that end of the track. Shortening the track would be a positive move, as well as adding an exit somewhere around turn 3. The rest of the facility is very well suited to hosting major events. The cost of those changes in addition to whatever the asking price may be would make it a tough sale. Not to mention that weekly racing is all but impossible with the other area tracks already operating. It would take some creative schedule to make it profitable.

Like I said before...just put a copy of the FALS track in that facility with good clay and it would be a huge hit. It wouldn't be that difficult to do. Just taking out the inside wall and moving dirt.

Sure gear head just pay a million plus for it then spend another million to make another short track on top of the 5000 already in existence .... Do you have any clue how much 2 million dollars invested in the market makes you with zero effort ??? When promoters lose big money on an event you guys all say oh well that’s part of the game and then if an event is successful you come on here making stupid demands like paying 10k to start which would guarantee the promoter risks all of that plus his time for zero potential profit. Putting on mega events is way more expensive than just the purse. If Cody made money of the place he would still be running it .... Plus he already has plenty of financial black holes he’s already pissing money down lol

track in no man's land no man to gain.

A million dollars to move some dirt around? Doubtful. Sure, there may be a lot of short tracks but the majority of them suck, especially in the Ohio Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Like I said before...just put a copy of the FALS track in that facility with good clay and it would be a huge hit. It wouldn't be that difficult to do. Just taking out the inside wall and moving dirt.
    Oh wait--that's what you said last year "The track isn't even 2 years old yet. It's already been stated that the inside wall is being removed and new clay is being brought in from down south. But you're just going to write it off even though they have identified the issues and are trying to fix them? It doesn't make any sense to me why you people want all of the tracks to fail. And if you judge tracks based on the food and how they park the merch trailers then your priorities are all mixed up." Now if I could buy you for what you know and sell you for what you think you know I would have enough money to just buy that track!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    track in no man's land no man to gain.
    Unlike Eldora which is located near major population centers of New Weston & Rossburg!

We attended the Dirt Million both years. Mansfield facilities are great: parking, seating, restrooms, concessions & such. The track needs something to improve the racing- lots of different ideas on 4m.
    It’s definitely not in no mans land- plenty of motels/restaurants in the area.
    I (May be the only one) am disappointed Cody gave up so soon. It had/has great potential- this years weather made it a financial nightmare for the season. Negative social media didn’t help the Dirt Million either year. Promotors can’ Keep dumping $$ into loosing venues.
    Like I said- I hate to see it go- but have already booked motel rooms for Port Royal for the 2020 Dirt Throwback.

Well first off he don't own Mansfield and when you only schedule big races an you have rain outs it hurts an you have to be prepared for that a lot of race tracks are doing that know but the difference is they schedule about 12 races not 4 races.