Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hudson Oneal

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    The team he has been driving for is no longer going to field a car. Last race for them is next weekend at Charlotte.
    While he has some skills, he does tear up a lot of equipment (his and others). They probably could not afford another year.
    Last edited by fryefan; 10-31-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While he has some skills, he does tear up a lot of equipment (his and others). They probably could not afford another year.
    I doubt there out of money. Probably just tired of throwing away money for no reason

It’s safe to say this burns fella has spent several million dollars on racing. I don’t see anyway that he was losing less than 300k a year to find Hudson O’Neil. This is nothing against Hudson it’s just the reality of the sport .... 3 people are making money Keyser MFG , mark richards and Steve baker ... everyone else is getting by or losing their a$$. The economics need to change by reduce the cost to build a competitive car , but my opinion is irrelevant because I don’t race full time lol. I do run a successful business that I started from nothing in an extremely competitive field and I have been around racing for 35 years..... When you guys say nothing is wrong and everything is great you point to people like burns to prove it’s fine but when those guys quit you never say wait a minute maybe we should look at some things.

This whole deal of guys standing on the cars to pack down the left rear so it measures 39” and the second that car moves it jumps up to 43 is absurd. Watching that is an absolute clown show , it was acknowledged wedge cars killed racing and they have let them come back only this time with 8k shock packages and engine rebuilds costing more than the entire motor did in the wedge days ...

Exclamation Huck

So you really believe Hoosier, Penske, Cornett, etc are barely getting by and rocket and keyser are the only guys making money??

Or did I read that wrong?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Ok I should rephrase. Dirt late models represent a tiny portion of Penske shock revenue. Hoosier has a monopoly on all things dirt racing on top of selling asphalt , drag , road course , atv , motocross etc etc etc no matter what the other rules are people still need tires. keyser most likely only gets a small portion of their revenue from racing also. Cornett only has a few guys working and a ton of legit competition, pro power , Durham, Clements , Vic Hill etc etc. Rocket is the one dominate company in this specific market that doesn’t have any real competitors. Guys with lots of money expect to win prolifically , and they aren’t stupid or the wouldn’t have the money to begin with , once they realize that the money can’t buy wins because everyone else is spending it too they lose interest and quit ....

honest question huck... do you think you could hop in a top touring car and be competitive with those guys at eldora. I respect you have made your money and are out there doing it... my question is do you have top notch equipment and are just missing setup from lack of racing often and full time? Could you hop in the 32 car with bob sr turning wrenches and be miles ahead of where you are now?

He will find a ride IMO

There was just a story after ONeal won the Jackson 100 stating Burns asking O'Neal if he was gonna leave, and O'Neal stated "I'm not going anywhere". So my question, what changed in the last month and a half to make Burns close up shop?! And is it just the Lucas team? He also owns some crate stuff and Chad Stapletons car too, or Stapleton is associated with the team.

Wis man. Saying “ lack of racing often” doesn’t really paint the full picture. I didn’t even go to a race track to watch until the world in 2019. Do I think it’s possible to show up under powered with a 2016 Pierce to your first race of the year at the world and compete ?? Absolutely not , Do I think I have a chance with the new car ? Yes or I wouldn’t have bought it. My car as I took it to PRP with zero adjustments was capable of running 14.7 , the driver being unfamiliar with the track , unfamiliar with the car and overdriving the entry of all 4 corners in qualifying clearly was not. Hitting the entry correctly and seeing how this car was capable of turning and accelerating through a corner was eye opening to say the least. I predict much better results in 2020 ...

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    He will find a ride IMO
    He's to talented not to

Your seeing the micro economics of SLM racing now, smaller teams folding up, and deciding to run Regional, and dropping off the "Tours". In the not to distant future you will see the concentration of "Big" teams and various House cars on the Tours, and you will see on of the Tours fold all together, i would say WoO, but that's my opinion.

I think in 2018 was the peak of SLM racing, now you will see the Economics kick in, and people will be priced out in rapid fashion. Mike Marler was the big one in 2018, won the WoO Title and was out, continued racing but not on a Tour. Now Hudson, my question who is next? I bet before the season starts next year you will see at least 3 more Teams dropping out.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Your seeing the micro economics of SLM racing now, smaller teams folding up, and deciding to run Regional, and dropping off the "Tours". In the not to distant future you will see the concentration of "Big" teams and various House cars on the Tours, and you will see on of the Tours fold all together, i would say WoO, but that's my opinion.

I think in 2018 was the peak of SLM racing, now you will see the Economics kick in, and people will be priced out in rapid fashion. Mike Marler was the big one in 2018, won the WoO Title and was out, continued racing but not on a Tour. Now Hudson, my question who is next? I bet before the season starts next year you will see at least 3 more Teams dropping out.
    I thought it peaked 15 years ago, Krom?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post

Trump,doesn't see it this way!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

It doesn’t pay to run a tour. I don’t know how they get soo many guys to do it in the first place. The lucas title pays 70k ..... think about what a joke that is. Think about the time , effort , luck and MONEY that all have to come together to make a lucas title happen. And it’s not like if you win the title Microsoft or apple has a 7 figure annual sponsorship waiting for you. Running these tours requires the team owner to sustain losses of 2-400k a year. People will eventually get tired of spending that kind of time , effort and money with zero chance of making a profit. The lucas tour would have to pay 700k to the champion for it to be remotely worth it , but with how racers are they would spend double what they do now to try winning that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    And is it just the Lucas team? He also owns some crate stuff and Chad Stapletons car too, or Stapleton is associated with the team.
    Yep....there is more to SSI than just Huddy.

Maybe this has something to do with the odd "raffle" Stapleton posted the other day......

https://www.facebook.com/chad.staple...070429?__xts__

Peak as in total Teams on the Tours, 15 years ago was the peak for working guys running SLMs.

Trump, well good luck to him. We will need it. If you look at the pricing of various things, you can see the Economics are not good, median Housing costs, median vehicle costs. Incomes are stagnant with 50% of Country making 33k or less, its not going to be fun. Once various Banks start collapsing, look into the REPO markets, and quantitative easing /tightening, scary stuff, 80 Billion bail outs daily.

Anyway 2020, 2021 i say brace yourself.

Just my opinions, and according to my wife i am wrong 100% of the time, so there ya go.

Just say no...

Trump has nothing to do with it. There is a group of race teams that will spend whatever it takes to win and the power that be are doing nothing to curb it and will do nothing to curb it. These parts that are making racing so expensive that teams are folding are the primary sponsors of both major touring series and Dirt on dirt. As long as these groups are making money nothing will change. Not trying to be negative, these are facts. If the fans would look past the Bloomquist, Davenport, Shephard, Owens and a few other teams have unlimited budgets and getting comped expensive parts to promote their products, its a no brainer. Lets be honest their may have been almost a 100 teams at the world ,but realistically there was 5 or 6 teams that realistically had a chance and anyone outside of that select few would have been an upset.

Huck are you running for President next year by chance? You make more sense than the clown we currently have in office and way more sense than the 30 plus on the other side competing for the other spot.

What do you people think should be done? Turn them into a limited late model?