Default Mike Marlar Weeknd Looks Over With At Nashville

Needs to stay away from that pavement stuff. Glad he's ok!!

What happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    What happened there?
    Backed it into the wall and caught fire

Smacked the wall good, little learning curve there Mikey not as easy as it looks...

its hard to feel the rr in those cars, I've driven them, you have to drive really straight, it take some getting used to, if it starts to rotate from the rear its over with

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    its hard to feel the rr in those cars, I've driven them, you have to drive really straight, it take some getting used to, if it starts to rotate from the rear its over with
    Said he bottomed out and lost the front end. This was on his warm up lap, not even up to speed

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Said he bottomed out and lost the front end. This was on his warm up lap, not even up to speed
    Said he thinks it may have bottomed out as the nose took off but wasn't sure.
    Basically admitted to not being prepared, said he needed to go run some laps somewhere else and come back with a setup a little more in the ball park. They were there just to have fun, but seemed surprised to how out of ball park they were the way everything was said.

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/sta...51510814171138
    "The Wise One"

Really like the guy, but to pick one of the biggest asphalt races of the year at a place like Nashville to start racing supers on asphalt seemed like a bad choice from the start. But I hope he sticks with it next year and runs a few, gets better at it and shows some other folks just how good he is.

they run those cars so close to bottoming out its crazy, ill bet the tires needed some heat, the warm up laps are just for that reason,
    in the end I'm just saying its a different world, I've been lucky enough to be around both
    but the front end of a dirt late model is very close to an asphalt car

Some guys are really good on dirt. Some are really good on pavement. Get the picture Mike, stay doing what your good at because it really isn't pavement. You have a sponsor that many others would love to have. You keep bending up the asphalt car that money may dry up.

I'd love to see Mike continue on asphalt but I'm not sure showing up for the All American 400 is a good idea if it's only your second or third asphalt start. They maybe should have run some more weekly races first.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    I had a buddy that drove at Lebanon with Larry Phillips and he said the same thing, once it breaks loose it's gone there's no saving it, however I seen Larry have it sideways lots of times and not spin, but Larry wasn't your average driver...

Didn’t he crash the first lap or two in one of his recent truck racing attempts?

Well when the money dries up and he is ride less nobody will get it. It's not like there's a list of sponsors waiting in line to sponsor a dirt slm.

huck, its ok, lol, by no means am i dogging mikey, the guy can flat get it done in a dirt late model, but that rr feeling you get in dirt just isn't going to happen in the asphalt world, you have to drive super straight, he's no dummy, if he says he lost the front end i believe him, all it takes is a couple of small packers taken out or low air pressure,
    truth is the truth, truth
    ah and it does hurt sometimes, lol
    mikey can and if he says with it a little will be a contender, but as of right now he is not larson or bell by any means on asphalt, the response time of catching a car has to be alot faster in the asphalt car, you can't get away with as much in the asphalt world
    don't get me wrong, i looked like a monkey with the football the first time out in one, its completely different, and the car i tested in won the next 4-5 shows,lol
    Last edited by grt74; 11-03-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    I had a buddy that drove at Lebanon with Larry Phillips and he said the same thing, once it breaks loose it's gone there's no saving it, however I seen Larry have it sideways lots of times and not spin, but Larry wasn't your average driver...
    tires tires tires, they will only take so much