Default Tri-City Motor Speedway was bought by Merritt owner... not good?

News broke at the Merritt Speedway banquet last night that the owner Mike Blackmer had purchased Tri-City Motor Speedway in Auburn MI. It’s agreeably sad news throughout the racing community. Steve and Erica bought the old pavement track almost 10 years ago and built a dirt track inside of the old track and it quickly became one of Michigan’s best tracks. High car counts and high fan counts. Rumor has it they will be dropping IMCA mods and American Racer Late Models. And adding what is a dying class in Michigan, UMP Late Models. A lot of are people bummed and leery with the direction this promoter(that isn’t well liked) will take the track.

IMO this is terrible news. I bet my Dad is really freaked out today.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Here’s the word. Going to UMP sanction. No more claim in Street stocks. Car count is probably gonna drop 50 percent. A notorious crybaby is very happy about it. This truly sucks.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Would the notorious cry baby happen to be the dbag in the 27 car!?

Different one.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

That’s easy the 79 lol

Mike announced today they are keeping IMCA Mods and going too UMP supers.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

I go there maybe once a year. So therefore I am out of the conversation. If IMCA stays, that’s good. My biggest concern for them back home is the Street Stock class. No announcement about that.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.