Default Looking for advice/help

So I grew up around sprint cars never worked on or driven a late model always liked them etc. the sprint car class died in my area and I sold out back in 2014 I got the itch last year and researched classes locally and decided on late models plenty of places to run , so back in July I picked up a 09 Rayburn race ready with a 400 small block with steelheads my local track basically runs Rwyb anyway so I figured I’d run this motor to get seat time for next season and get a crate motor so I can run anywhere. Well learning this thing has been a challenge and getting information I can understand from mr Rayburn has been a bigger challenge it also doesn’t help the guy I got
    The car from knew nothing about them either and he had a lot of stuff wrong including backwards birdcages wrong headers bolts not tightened timing way off on the engine etc. basically been working on it daily and finding new problems as I correct existing problems, only got to run the car twice this year first race was a disaster car wouldn’t turn and felt really binded up , fixed some things and went out this past weekend for
    The last race of the season. Started out ok after about 5 laps car wouldn’t turn going into 3 and I didn’t realize until after the session it was smoking like a freight train wound up spinning trying to make it turn and stalled the car and when I attempted to refire the engine it sheared the teeth off the flywheel pushed the car back to the trailer and loaded up , I’m at a crossroads now I’m debating on spending more money trying to correct more problems or just find a another chassis and move everything over that I can (rearend tranny etc. ) I’m also having to buy a crate motor as well but I’ll find where this one is leaking fix it and just try to trade/sale for a 604 I’m just wondering if I’d be wasting my money trying to get this car right or would I be better off buying something different ?

where are you located?
    I personally know nothing about chassis design and set up but might be able to refer you to someone for help.
    you absolutely need to get to a basic base line set up with components correctly installed.

CJ Rayburn is a bit of a strange bird but he is very knowledgeable and a really good guy once you get to know him
    If he was not willing to help in the first time you contacted him --I would guess he was really busy at the moment or you rubbed him the wrong way with what you were asking.
    I suggest trying CJ again but I can try finding you some local help if you choose.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

might try to get ahold of Rusty Schlenk
    he has been successful in a Rayburn last couple years.

Rusty Schlenk Racing on Facebook.
    He is located in McClure, OH
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I’m located in southern Louisiana , Mr Rayburn was very friendly and willing to help it was just very hard to follow what he was referring to he kinda changed his mind a lot mid sentence and It was difficult to follow his advice , I hope I didn’t run him the wrong way I always try to be respectful with everyone especially when I’m looking for advice. I will reach out to rusty as well

Default Rayburn setup help

There is a cj rayburn site that gives two pages of set up information --i have used it for both a rayburn and rocket -- follow this .

Personally i would cut my losses if money is not a problem their are plenty of decent rollers out their far more up to date. Nothing against cj or his cars but if you decide to stay with it for awhile virtually everything you learn about making that rayburn go well will not be of any benefit to you on your next car so you will be back at square one.

Yea I have decided to go ahead find another chassis I actually
    Talked to cj and he told me the same thing which shocked me but I’m looking at a couple of cars now there seems to be a lot of rockets and grt chassis floating around

Nothing against grt but you could very well end up in a similar boat. With the passing of Joe i don't know what the state of the company is right now. Most every manufacturer that is currently building cars will help you as much as they can within reason. Basically getting all the info you need to baseline the car and go to the racetrack. I don't think you could go wrong with a blue/grey rocket or whatever the later masters bilts are called. Around here the we're all mbh cars but i don't know where your at

i dont know where your located ibanez , but if your any where near Bristol tn , look at a TNT , tony has a very good chassis for price and they are very personal when helping......

lot of mastsbuits out there for a good price and parts are everywhere for sale. i heard rusty schlenk has started building chassis anyone know anything about that?

Look up domination race cars on fb

Thanks for the help , I wound up with a 08 updated In 14’ mastersbilt And a binder full of setup notes so hopefully after I get a set of scales I’ll be in business one question I do have is tires I’m looking at the crate rules and they call for two types of spec tires I’m in southern La and most of the tracks here stay dusty and very abrasive I’m guessing the harder compound is the way to go , or am I way off ?