Tri-City Motor Speedway Announces New Ownership
AUBURN, MICHIGAN - Tri-City Motor Speedway (TCMS) has grown to be one of the top racing destinations in Michigan on Friday nights. Effective immediately, the ownership has changed to Merritt Speedway owner, Michael Blackmer, a racing enthusiast and successful track owner.

Tri-City Motor Speedway originally opened in 1947 and operated until the early 2000s. In 2010, Steve Puvalowski and family purchased the track and completed extensive renovations on the property, reopening to racing in 2011 after it had been closed for many years. Since that time, the track has grown to be a favorite of racing fans and drivers from across the Midwest and Canada, highlighting racing to be an inclusive family experience. “Having grown up around racing, when the opportunity arose to purchase this property, I was excited to become a racing promoter. I have learned so much over these past ten years and made many friends, it will be bittersweet to not see everyone every Friday night, but the time was right for me and my family to pursue other opportunities” said Steve Puvalowski.

New owner, Michael Blackmer, has been around the racing industry for years and has great plans to expand TCMS and continue its successful trend and keep bringing the best racing to fans in the Great Lakes Bay Region. “I’m excited to now be a part of the best Friday night track in the state and look forward to continuing the high-level of racing excitement and to get to know the TCMS racing family,” said Blackmer.

Tri-City Motor Speedway will continue to operate on Friday nights. Anyone with existing pre-purchases like grandstand season passes and pit parking, or 2020 donated promotional tickets will be honored by the new owner or you can opt to have your money refunded until November 30, 2019. The former owners will be reaching out to those with pre-purchased items before November 14, 2019. The 2019 Season Banquet will still be hosted by the former owners on January 25, 2020.

Anyone seeking to contact the new owner can reach out to him at (989) 316-6804 or michaelblackmer62@aol.com.