Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well Drop Shock, that's every car at Florence. There is once again a big gap from weekly racers to tour racers in this sport. To be a tour racer, you have to tour.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Well Drop Shock, that's every car at Florence. There is once again a big gap from weekly racers to tour racers in this sport. To be a tour racer, you have to tour.
    Well I watched Eddie Carrier Jr run up front in the north south before he was a tour regular, Ricky Weiss won the thing as a non touring driver, hell Zack Dohm has ran around the top 5 in the thing the last 3 years in a row. So that’s false

At least winger has won special event races, 7-10 grand to win shoes and defended his home turf when the top names roll into town. Has Kody Evans even won a special event race in his career? Like a non 25 lap local show?

Times are different now. And Dohm has stuck with the same car for years and really got it dialed in for a time. The magic seems to be fading now, however.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

2015 is a real inflection point with local guys ability to run with woo/Lucas guys. Ricky Weiss was under the wing of Bloomquist. He was not an up and coming guy looking for crumbs of wisdom.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-12-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Qualifying and heat, most definitely. And he's light years ahead of where Dillard was 12 months ago.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I say good luck to both.

I'm glad to see more teams run a tour cause
    it means more cars for us fans to see at the races !!!
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

In my opinion Kody Evans is nowhere near as good as Cade Dillard. I would have liked to seen Evans run the full Summernationals tour to get laps in before venturing out on WoO fulltime. Hope the best for both of them. I think Winger will have a decent year, just needs to settle down a little bit from what I have seen of him at Fairbury and Eldora. Very fast though.

Say what you want about me but I did race 51 shows since the beginning of the year. 4700 hundred laps on the 525 crate motor ....no bent suspension parts I did put new sides on the car once and every race I attended I raced against the best with half the equipment and no crew. So anyone wants to supply me a car and motor I will show u what I can do....enough said...I give credit to all those I raced with for actually getting out there doing what they love regardless of equipment it's a lot of work to travel on the road, work on the race car, race it and bring it home in one piece....thanks to everyone that helped me this season.Chuck Hummer

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    In my opinion Kody Evans is nowhere near as good as Cade Dillard. I would have liked to seen Evans run the full Summernationals tour to get laps in before venturing out on WoO fulltime. Hope the best for both of them. I think Winger will have a decent year, just needs to settle down a little bit from what I have seen of him at Fairbury and Eldora. Very fast though.
    He isn't as good now. 12 months ago, I wouldn't have agreed with you. And that is precisely my point on way you join the club if you wanna be in it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rsr fan View Post
    Say what you want about me but I did race 51 shows since the beginning of the year. 4700 hundred laps on the 525 crate motor ....no bent suspension parts I did put new sides on the car once and every race I attended I raced against the best with half the equipment and no crew. So anyone wants to supply me a car and motor I will show u what I can do....enough said...I give credit to all those I raced with for actually getting out there doing what they love regardless of equipment it's a lot of work to travel on the road, work on the race car, race it and bring it home in one piece....thanks to everyone that helped me this season.Chuck Hummer
    Chuck

You know what they say about living the american dream !!!!!!!
    As long as you are enjoying what you do,
    I say good luck to you what ever you do it with.

BTW
    I wonder how many of the keyboard racers on here would
    like to have a car, even with a 525????

Good Luck Sir.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Good luck to both next year, hope they set the world on fire.

Doesn't much matter if they got or not, there doing it, and you have to admire that.

Evans went thru some car changes, seems like he was searching.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Neither will make it past the 3 month mark.
    Remember he and his dad are teaming up with Billy Franklin next year. If you don't know, Franklin was the car owner for David Breazile when he won the Rookie of the Year on the WOO. He also helped Overton out after he split with Dream racing. All that said, I think he may make a whole season next year, seems the funding will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Remember he and his dad are teaming up with Billy Franklin next year. If you don't know, Franklin was the car owner for David Breazile when he won the Rookie of the Year on the WOO. He also helped Overton out after he split with Dream racing. All that said, I think he may make a whole season next year, seems the funding will be there.
    I wondered where they found the $$! Franklin will spend it, so go try Woo! Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He isn't as good now. 12 months ago, I wouldn't have agreed with you. And that is precisely my point on way you join the club if you wanna be in it.
    Cade Dillard is a top 5-10 mod driver in the country and won a few late model shows this year. Evans wont touch come close to the success Dillard had this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Breazale pretty much won by default. He had no competition other than Brent Larson. Anytime Winger has been in that car he’s been really really off. I’d be more confident in the hopes of he was running the family blue 12 car.

Yes, Overton was good but there was a reason he didn’t stay and went to Rum Runner.

Husker, agree with what your saying. I was just trying to say Winger may make the whole season just based on the teaming with Franklin. It seems like, ( what Champion24 said it best "Franklin will spend it") may keep them on the road all season. I don't know any of these people at all, just forming opinions on what I've read and what's happened in the past.

4m guys... whine about car counts at big shows.

Also 4m guys.... bash guys for attempting to run the big shows.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Right on Rocky! Kody was fast qualifier at the north south a few years ago. In todays late model world, 90% of the best running cars is 95% setup and equiptment.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Right on Rocky! Kody was fast qualifier at the north south a few years ago. In todays late model world, 90% of the best running cars is 95% setup and equiptment.
    If a fella was really never even planning on being more than a guy that travels regionally. Or maybe only run 2 or 3 local tracks. If he had good enough equipment and the help financially and otherwise, doing half to 3/4 a season of Lucas or WoO would be like going to grad school for racing. I wanna take a month of leave and be a volunteer grunt for the Hell Tour for that reason.

I don't know if I'm right on that but 50 races vs the best in the business, if a guy didn't have an IQ of 45, he could probably learn a whole heck of a lot. Unfortunate for me lol.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.