Thread: Adam stevens

Default Adam stevens

Wins his second nascar cup championship as a crew chief for Busch. Some of you may remember the 31a rayburn chassis running around the dirt tracks in southern Ohio and down in Northern Kentucky. Some may remember him winning the 3rd heat during the 99’ dream. Adams dad was a late model racer as well for many years the late Greg Stevens, anyway I thought it was cool a local kid had a dream to be a big time crew and man is he rolling with it.

Cool story! But he must have some serious thick skin to deal with Kyle! lol

I admit I was pulling for him Sunday, you gotta like that hate-to-lose mentality! Probly the best wheelman in the sport!

He was born in nearby Portsmouth. I remember watching him run around the area back in the day. The cars were pretty well plain, but they were both always contenders. He's been with Kyle for good amount of time. Congrats to him and the team on another title.

Last time I remember seeing the Stevens car. Vern Lefever was driving it at the North South. Believe it was early 2000. Cool to see Adam go on to be a NASCAR championship crew chief