Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pierce chassis sale

From Bob Pierce race cars...Still putting them out i guess
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by highgroove; 11-14-2019 at 07:17 AM.

That's a pretty good price for that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

may as well call it a rocket by pierce now......

I'd buy that before I would an XR1. Bobby out ran plenty of Rockets in his Pierce Platinum cars before he made the switch. The high cost of the major chassis builders products has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. They've increased by almost 3 times what they used to in just the span of a few years. And all for what? To use special "automotive" tubing? Or is it the engineering that's really driving that cost? Either way it sucks. At least you can still go to Masterbilt, or Pierce and get a good competitive car without being bent over a barrel. If I could get back into racing I'd go with one of those guys just to spite Longhorn and Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    I'd buy that before I would an XR1. Bobby out ran plenty of Rockets in his Pierce Platinum cars before he made the switch. The high cost of the major chassis builders products has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. They've increased by almost 3 times what they used to in just the span of a few years. And all for what? To use special "automotive" tubing? Or is it the engineering that's really driving that cost? Either way it sucks. At least you can still go to Masterbilt, or Pierce and get a good competitive car without being bent over a barrel. If I could get back into racing I'd go with one of those guys just to spite Longhorn and Rocket.

Your username determines that you'd buy a Pierce even if it was the most expensive car of all.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

So if I walked into a garage, and the guy's tool box didn't say Snap On, MAC, or MATCO or Kennedy I guess. Maybe it says Icon, from Harbor Freight......And he's got a whole shop full of Chinese tools. I am gonna assume that he's a hack and he's half ass. Are you gonna approach a knowledgeable sponsor with a brand x car? Because true or not that's what they're gonna think.

At least if you want to run with the big guys. Locally there's a place for lower cost stuff. What I do (badly) in limited or whatever is a different planet.
    Last edited by Rocky; 11-14-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Your username determines that you'd buy a Pierce even if it was the most expensive car of all.
    My username indicates the car number I raced with for 15 years, that has absolutely nothing to with Bob or Bobby other than the number itself. Didn't even know who Bob Pierce was the first time I ran that number.

My statement was nothing but facts, I'm no fanboy.

Besides, take the top 10 chassis builders that you can think of off the top of your head and any one of them can win a race on a given night. I would take a Pierce, Warrior, Kryptonite, Club29, or Mastersbilt and go race with complete confidence that I had equipment that could be competive. If a couple of national touring guys switched to one of those brands then you would start seeing numbers drift back toward that chassis. The reason that Rocket and Longhorn have blown up like they have is that once a couple of national guys started running well with them, then everybody and their brother thought they had to switch to be competitive and in some cases that was true. A few manufacturers didn't keep up with the technology and innovation. But at this point, most of the other chassis builders have stepped up their game and you could buy just about anything and go out there and be competitive if you can drive worth a crap.
    Last edited by hardracer32; 11-14-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Id be interested to know what parts are being bolted on that chassis. Alot of the cost now days is the fact that most of the top brands won't sell you a part they wouldn't run on their own stuff. Teflon himes, bearing uppers and so on..

Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up?
    Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?

They both have a bunch to be proud of.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default Longhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up?
    Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?

They both have a bunch to be proud of.
    Rocket definitely has more history in the sport and is clearly ahead by shear numbers, but it would be hard to argue against the fact that Longhorn/Kevin Rumley are almost completely responsible for the chassis revolution that's happened over the lst few years. Lonhorn was just another chassis builder until Kevin stepped in and revamped their whole design. Then the next thing you know Rocket has done the same thing, thus the XR1(I heard K.R. had something to do with that as well).

So, I see where you are coming from on them being in the same league as Rocket, but if you look at the crown jewels and national tour races, as well as regional and local racing, they've clearly shown that they deserve to be listed right up there at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up? Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?They both have a bunch to be proud of.
    Didn't I hear that Rocket payed Rumley to do some work for them after he got the Longhorn stuff going? I really don't think Rocket is any better than the other top chassis brands. Just been doing it longer and they have a lot of info available.

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    Didn't I hear that Rocket payed Rumley to do some work for them after he got the Longhorn stuff going? I really don't think Rocket is any better than the other top chassis brands. Just been doing it longer and they have a lot of info available.
    Before Rumley was paid to redesign the Longhorn, they ran Rockets. There was a relationship there before Longhorn even existed.

Didn't Pierce have a deal going on like this about the same time last year? Maybe be wrong but think they did

On the other hand, if you’re that guy from Facebook that was asking about an ‘06 GRT, or that guy asking about an ‘01 Rayburn... why in the hell would you do that when you can do this?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

The million dollar question......is Pierce Race Cars still a Rocket dealer or has that relationship been severed with Bob back building Pierce Platinum's ????

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Before Rumley was paid to redesign the Longhorn, they ran Rockets. There was a relationship there before Longhorn even existed.
    That statement is deemed to be 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    The million dollar question......is Pierce Race Cars still a Rocket dealer or has that relationship been severed with Bob back building Pierce Platinum's ????
    Pierce sold both at the beginning of the deal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Pierce sold both at the beginning of the deal.
    I don’t believe they’ve sold a single Rocket.

"I don’t believe they’ve sold a single Rocket."

If that is true, then it makes sense for them to start building their own chassis again. I am pretty sure Bob has continued to build modifieds under the Platinum brand name.

I’m pretty sure they never stopped selling pierce late models either