Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best announcing job of the year

Just watched the Fall Classic from Whynot. Good race. And even better announcing. Ross Tingle’s call last night is my kinda announcing. Stayed calm, raised his voice slightly when appropriate, never used stupid sayings, never tried to be a comedian, called the action very simple, very professional. Every announcer in the business should watch and learn. Thanks Ross. Hats off to ya!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I thought the same thing when I watched the replay this morning. I'm always ready to kill the audio on some of these races but that was indeed a pleasant surprise. More Ross, less Wesley and a few like him.

You have to be referring to that talking stupid fakeass wrestling talking dude at EAMS and
    does the SAS series.

Answer to post 3.......the mirror.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't won't to hurt anyone's feelings but the announcers in this sport are cringy and that hurts dirt racing more than anything. I watch races online/streaming with mute on most of the time, or its turned down so much you can barely hear it.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I don't won't to hurt anyone's feelings but the announcers in this sport are cringy and that hurts dirt racing more than anything. I watch races online/streaming with mute on most of the time, or its turned down so much you can barely hear it.lol
    True. Most are painful.

Sharon Speedway has a good announcer, been at it for a very long time. As is the DoD guys, and Norris. Whynot guy isn’t bad.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

i dont know crow , your description in post 1 sounds kind of boring to me , a little silliness sometimes keeps it interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    You have to be referring to that talking stupid fakeass wrestling talking dude at EAMS and
    does the SAS series.
    That dude needs to ditch 90% of his catch phrases and concentrate on describing the action and calling a race. His flow is choppy, disjointed, and hard to follow. He could learn from the guys who call the races at Cedar Lake, FALS, or from Essex/Ruben/Eshelman. That said, even Eshelman needs to chill a bit on the sayings.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    That dude needs to ditch 90% of his catch phrases and concentrate on describing the action and calling a race. His flow is choppy, disjointed, and hard to follow. He could learn from the guys who call the races at Cedar Lake, FALS, or from Essex/Ruben/Eshelman. That said, even Eshelman needs to chill a bit on the sayings.
    Oh My!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can think of another.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    You don't understand Deewayne, cuz you're not from the South! I've heard people use his sayings my whole life, they don't bother me.

Just don't scream in to the mic!

You mean Tingle didn't utter "more humps than Beyonsey" in Whynot?!! My son does use I need something yummy for my tummy!! I think Tingle called some Ice Bowls too at Dega. I wish I could have made it to hear it in person!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    You don't understand Deewayne, cuz you're not from the South! I've heard people use his sayings my whole life, they don't bother me.

Just don't scream in to the mic!
    Well I'm from the south and I understand him 100%.

He does not know the names of the drivers.
    He says turn's 1 !!!!! LOL. How many turn 1's are there
    on a track ???

I guess he really thinks that wrestling is for real and not fake.

I think EAMS and the SAS would like to get rid of him but
    they are afraid to.
    He probably has the largest family of any body, I cant count all
    the BRUTHERS he has, every body he talks to is his BRUTHER,
    but man they sure do look different.

I love racing but if I had only one track to go to and he was
    the announcer, I would have to stay home.

I guess that's what they mean by TO EACH HIS OWN !!!

Don't forget about the DOG IN HEAT either.

GOOD DAY ...
    Last edited by MEE; 11-19-2019 at 02:26 PM.

LOL. I just watched the race on DoD and thought the announcer sounded like he'd rather be at home clipping his toe nails.

Quote Originally Posted by hjr2 View Post
    LOL. I just watched the race on DoD and thought the announcer sounded like he'd rather be at home clipping his toe nails.
    Erb goes 3 wide through the middle to take the lead and the guy sounded more like he was calling a chess match. Maybe somewhere in the middle of this guy and Dewayne is the sweet spot for me. I dont mind a little excitement from the announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by JM15 View Post
    Erb goes 3 wide through the middle to take the lead and the guy sounded more like he was calling a chess match. Maybe somewhere in the middle of this guy and Dewayne is the sweet spot for me. I dont mind a little excitement from the announcer.
    i was thinking about pulling it up and watching , but after hearing this , and i like chess , i think i will pass......

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Well I'm from the south and I understand him 100%.

He does not know the names of the drivers.
    He says turn's 1 !!!!! LOL. How many turn 1's are there
    on a track ???

I guess he really thinks that wrestling is for real and not fake.

I think EAMS and the SAS would like to get rid of him but
    they are afraid to.
    He probably has the largest family of any body, I cant count all
    the BRUTHERS he has, every body he talks to is his BRUTHER,
    but man they sure do look different.

I love racing but if I had only one track to go to and he was
    the announcer, I would have to stay home.

I guess that's what they mean by TO EACH HIS OWN !!!

Don't forget about the DOG IN HEAT either.

GOOD DAY ...
    Well, then you must not be redneck enough!

Ole Deewayne makes me feel Im at a family gathering! lol

Best announcer in my area is Mike Norris and he's far from calm. To each their own.
    8/13/16

Announcing isn't easy.

I've learned to just do my thing, dont over modulate, and get the information out when the cars are at an idle or before they hit the track.

It's a simple thing really.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Johnny Gibson is the greatest announcer on dirt imo.. Dustin Jarrett James Essex Blake Anderson and mike norris are all right there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    Announcing isn't easy.

I've learned to just do my thing, dont over modulate, and get the information out when the cars are at an idle or before they hit the track.

It's a simple thing really.
    I couldn’t agree with you more. If your at the track you can’t hear the announcing once the racing begins. If your not on radio or tv best stay quiet cause only people in the both would hear. ...A little excitement from the announcer is perfectly fine. They are a fan too. But the screaming, continuous screaming, these ridiculous sayings, trying to be a comedian once every minute, it’s horrid. Announcers doing all that, it’s for their own ego. Majority of fans hate it.

Jarrett and Essex is some favorites of mine as well. But they to have went overboard at times. And “Race of the year!” “Oh my!” and “OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” , it’s getting to be a little much.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST