Default Ashton Winger Captures Career Payday in Fall Classic at Whynot

For Immediate Release
    November 18, 2019

Ashton Winger Captures Career Payday in Fall Classic at Whynot
    Magnolia Motor Speedway Up Next

Hampton, Ga. (November 18, 2019) – Ashton Winger invaded Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Miss.) over the weekend. He piloted his Johnny Doan Plumbing No. 12 E-Z-Go/ Keyser Manufacturing/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to a career-best $15,000 payday.

Winger, who started sixth in the main event, took the lead from Tyler Erb on lap 60 and pulled away to lead the final 40 laps. He finished a comfortable 1.583 seconds ahead of Erb at the checkered flag.

“The racetrack never cleaned up I felt like. It was really racy the whole time, but it got so slick that it was really hard to pass,” Winger said. “I told everyone that I really wanted to get somewhere inside the top five and just sit there and ride for 40 or 50 (laps), but you just never know with the tires.”

“I just wanted to get out there and run smooth and consistent for as long as I could and just pick one (position) off when I could,” he added. “It all worked out and the cautions fell our way a little bit. Once I got out front, I had a pretty good idea of what I needed to do.”

“I want to thank everyone, who supports my racing program. Their amazing support is the reason we can make this happen.”

The rescheduled 25th Annual Fall Classic drew a strong field of 37 entries for the two-day event. On Friday night, Winger followed up the ninth fastest lap in his time trial group with a second-place finish in his heat race behind Dalton Cook.

Earning the sixth-starting position for the 100-lap main event on Saturday night, Ashton broke into a podium spot by lap 17 and began track down race-leader Tyler Erb over the next 30 circuits. Sliding ahead of Erb on lap 60, Ashton Winger paced the field in the remaining distance to register his eighth win of the season over Erb, Darrell Lanigan, Dennis Erb Jr., and Michael Page.

For more results from this event, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com.

Ashton will be idle this weekend before traveling to Magnolia Motor Speedway on Thanksgiving weekend to compete in the annual Possum Town Grand Prix. The event will be headlined by the Durrence Layne Dirt Late Model Series competing for $2,000-To-Win on Friday, November 29, while the touring drivers will compete for $3,000-To-Win on Saturday, November 30.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com.

Ashton Winger would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include E-Z-Go, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Boydbilt Fabrication Spring-Pro, Collins Signs, Turkey Creek Snacks, Franklin Enterprises, The Realty Queen & Team, Johnny Doan Plumbing, Rocket Chassis, Advanced Technology Motorsports, FK Rod Ends, CSR Aluminum Fabrication, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism Research, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Off Axis Paint, O.H. Hendricks Sheet Metal, Hoosier Tire South, VP Racing Fuels, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, RSD Enterprises, 2 Brothers Motorsports, Racing Radio, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Fast Shafts, K&N Racing Filters, Integra MX Springs, GW Performance, J&C Properties and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Ashton Winger, please visit his internet home at www.AshtonWinger.com as well as his social media channels at facebook.com/AshtonWingerRacing12 .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 11-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.