Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fayetteville Motor Speedway, NC

Any ideas about 2020 racing or are the bulldozers on standby? Nearby Dublin Motor Speedway has been eroded away if the Google Earth photos are any indication so it's likely one for the history books. Lake View, SC or County Line, NC might end up being the closest venues for local racers for these two tracks. There was some talk about turning the Martinsville "replica" practice track at Rockingham into a dirt track but have heard nothing beyond the rumor. Seems the deal at Florence-Timmonsville, SC also fell thru.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Any ideas about 2020 racing or are the bulldozers on standby? Nearby Dublin Motor Speedway has been eroded away if the Google Earth photos are any indication so it's likely one for the history books. Lake View, SC or County Line, NC might end up being the closest venues for local racers for these two tracks. There was some talk about turning the Martinsville "replica" practice track at Rockingham into a dirt track but have heard nothing beyond the rumor. Seems the deal at Florence-Timmonsville, SC also fell thru.
    I haven’t heard any panic from any of my buddies about Fayetteville. As far as I know they’re a go for 20.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Is Elvis still running Fayetteville? Always liked the people there (but personally hated the track), preferred the surface at Dublin.

Fayetteville will run in 2020. The new promoter has already contacted me in regards to keeping the 2020 dates on my schedule. He has some plans for some changes to the track and surface.

I forget the guy’s name but I race against those guys at Halifax (Clary’s) at I95 challenge nobody has said anything. I know that a lot of them were pretty bummed about the car count at the cash money, but the state of racing is, if you’re slow or borderline for making a race, you don’t go.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Yep the racing just plain sucks there, the previous management tried they added dirt slightly reconfigured the track. It just seems like the track just isn't meant to produce good racing. Glad to hear someone else is giving it a shot, hopefully they continue the improvements like the last promoter. Any idea when they will announce the new promoter flagone?

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Is Elvis still running Fayetteville? Always liked the people there (but personally hated the track), preferred the surface at Dublin.
    Don't hate the track, just always thought the racing was so much better at the rattlesnake.
    I didn't really care for the whining and complaining on the Facebook rants but Mr. Long did a lot for and with the track otherwise....he can walk away proud.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My luck there has always been terrible, semi-long drive to get there, bad luck and a long drive home... Always appreciated the people as I said, did have quite a bit of fun on some of the two day shows back in the day...Haven't been in probably four years.

It's easy to throw out ideas when you are not the one spending the money but I think if the track was a little smaller it would help. Right now you motor down the straights and clamp it on the bottom in the corner, tough to pass unless they slip up or you move them.

I probably would have went to the Cash Money, support friends and what not but I didn’t realize it was a limited race until like the day before It’s a hair too far for me to go on the drop of a hat.I wish those guys the best. Maybe some day we’ll go for a challenge race there.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

David Taylor? He did it before at Lake View.

I was thinking the same thing.....Wouldn't be real surprised to see the former promoter at Dublin to take a swing at it either.

David's name pops up a lot with these, when Dublin was closed it was rumored he was trying to buy it. According to Jim long they were going to try and renew the lease but was turned down. Interested to see who it may be

Pave it again, rename it Cumberland International Raceway. Blast from the past.

Actually, that's the only time (paved) it could be considered racy! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Pave it again, rename it Cumberland International Raceway. Blast from the past.
    That wouldn't be so terrible.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    David's name pops up a lot with these, when Dublin was closed it was rumored he was trying to buy it. According to Jim long they were going to try and renew the lease but was turned down. Interested to see who it may be
    Are David and Ron related?

As far as I know they're not.

David and Ron are not related. Don't think Dublin will ever be for sale.

Thanks everyone....