Thread: Duck river

Default Duck river

Anybody heard any results or know who’s there?

Heard it was $30 to get in. It's no wonder drrp is in the shape it is. I wish Michael Luna would have did more than he did there.

It is the Fried Chicken 35 for $2500. Use to be $12k to $14k with around 35 cars. But they loaded the race and pay for and with small locals cars, with a $2k (rained out) and a $3k (changed to $2500) for SLMs. No wonder 14 cars! The area tracks are no longer running large payouts for Supers. Fort Payne and TST are still hanging in there. Others are opting for smaller cars and regular local drivers that keeps the promoters pockets full. Next year they should call it the "Limp Bird race" and pay SLMs with bird seed. Congrats to Sam Seawright (NE Alabama champ) for the win and Josh Putnam for the 8th position to runner up (NW Alabama champ). Yell, $30 bucks to pay the smaller cars.

I was there and only counted 13 supers, 13 or 14 anyway does anyone know what the delay - discussion before timing the supers was about - wonder if it was about cutting the purse again? Great race track and facility slip-slip -slipping away ! San Seawright has a very good race car.

And by the way the picture of that check with Sam Seawright says 2 thousand dollars, so I guess I answered my own question.