Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd like to know why they even post that. Everyone knows who are the good fab people and which one's are not. You would also think if there this desperate they would post a minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I'd like to know why they even post that. Everyone knows who are the good fab people and which one's are not. You would also think if there this desperate they would post a minimum wage.
    I bet I can make a list of 5 to 10 names of guys who can make a beautiful chassis and you know zero of them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I bet I can make a list of 5 to 10 names of guys who can make a beautiful chassis and you know zero of them.
    there are alot of guys that can do nice work but you need to be able to feed the family too, and if you do this all week 7-5 daily, their not going to want to roll to the races every weekend
    Last edited by grt74; 11-30-2019 at 09:27 AM.

One guy jumps up in my mind. Nope. Nobody knows him. Just thought of a couple more. All I can really say is, if I was one of those guys.... no I wouldn’t want to go out there with what they’re offering it would absolutely be a pay cut.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

MastersBuilt, I to know of a guy, he taught me how to weld. He also taught me the importance of triangular shapes and we're to place them for strength. I built my own chassis, with his help, for my 33 ford street rod.

There's guys out there, I don't thing that's a question. But you don't just toss a feeler out like that without more info and expect people to come running.

They just wanted people to know. We are growing, spread the word.

He might want to look in Washington DC, there are plenty there to pick from/smile

Rocky, yes, I don't think Bloomer can offer enough to entice any of them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Overall, it is difficult to find young people willing to work labor jobs in general. If you find someone older with experience, they are going to be expensive and may want medical benefits (family).

Young people with good experience in welding are now making $120,000 to $140,000 annually - more if they are top welders. Pretty tough to find a guy who wants to do dirt chassis that would want to work in those conditions for far less than what they can make in the open market.

Agree with previous posters... your better off finding a guy already in the business versus trying to bring someone in from the outside.

Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-140...job-1420659586

Love of racing don’t keep the lights on at the house.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Look at the crew bloomer has on the road with him now. They all look like a bunch of junkies

Skilled trades are going to start paying big very soon. $60-$70 an hour is what they will need to get young kids that want a desk job in the field.

Default I am skilled trades

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Skilled trades are going to start paying big very soon. $60-$70 an hour is what they will need to get young kids that want a desk job in the field.
    Speaking for myself, it’s not the pay that I want more of. Yeah, I know, crazy. Does it always help, yes. But vacation or holiday pay or both would be nice. And vision and dental. We have an MRA account, which helps some. But when both my kids will need braces, one is done, they are paid for, I've still got $7k or so to go. So I’m saving it for that. Very soon.

I’m just always cognizant of the smaller companies and ones that don’t pay as well of getting the work. Just because we do a great job, and most of us have a lot of experience, doesn’t mean you can offset a guy making at times close to half of what you do. I hope that’s not out there anymore, but it may be. Hopefully they are smart enough to demand better.

I just wanna always be working, and to me it means slowing down on the yearly raises, and keeping the jobs rolling in.

But you are correct, a good welder, especially on the pipeline, or a high end fab shop, $100k plus. I know for sure on the pipeline it’s $100k-$130k+. But it’s long a$$ hours, seven days a week, travel, and welding still isn’t the greatest for your health.

But some of them guys are older, and they have the wife with them. Set up I seen a guy have, very nice, good looking wife, 50ish, was definitely doable. Nice welding truck, set up real nice. She was driving the nice 3/4 ton Chevy or Ford towing a very nice fifth wheel camper.

I’ve thought of doing it for a couple years and banking some cash, but I dunno. Only if my current situation went South. I hate hoteling it for months with a family.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Trades already tend to pay more than many desk jobs. The gap will widen in the future.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Rocky, yes, I don't think Bloomer can offer enough to entice any of them.
    They better get someone soon or they could get in a tight spot with cars for Scott and Chris. They are buying old cars now so they can have backup cars for next season. I’m pretty sure they both only had one car since madden came aboard.

Walmart has billboards saying "$19.60 to start"...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Lol. You can have it and the sh!tshow that goes with it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think that’s at the distribution centers!

That beats the buck two ninety eight sponsorship deal you and blackie had.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    That beats the buck two ninety eight sponsorship deal you and blackie had.
    You mean slinging sideways, bloomer won, slipping sideways, blacko,chippy soon and krooser 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Blackie told me that sponsorship deal we had was a NASCAR level deal... What do I know about big money? I spent all I had on my Commodore 64 compooter just so I could join the fun on 4m!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019