Default axle tube std 1 ton duece and a half ?????

pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by slojo25 View Post
    pros and cons
    less likely to snap an axle snout off, not really sure there is downside

Only posible con i could think of is when i converted their were no hub bearing spacers available at the time. This may have been resolved by now. I have never looked into it since.

I retract my previous statement their available now. So i see no cons either

When did bearing spacers become a thing? I know they are now, but I've never used them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

What in the world is a deuce and half axle tube? do people know what a Duece and 1/2 is?

Same thing with one ton tubes and axles, cracks me up.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When did bearing spacers become a thing? I know they are now, but I've never used them.
    Not sure ive been running them for about 6-7 years not sure how much they really help.i haven't seen any actual test results but the theory makes sense in my head lol i like them for maintenance. Not that setting preload is complicated or anything. And thus may sound stupid but on the track when rolling around during hot laps the car seems to roll freeier after rolling out of the throttle mid corner when their is alot of side load

i never used them either , and have a new set in the box , just never could get it in my head how it could help a tapered bearing , to me , spend the money on low drag bearings .

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i never used them either , and have a new set in the box , just never could get it in my head how it could help a tapered bearing , to me , spend the money on low drag bearings .
    how can it hurt a tapered bearing every rearend in pass cars and trucks have crush sleeve or pinion shims???

heck of a lot of difference in load on a pinion than on a hub , plus holding the alignment of the pinion and ring gear meshing is critical to life of gear , also im not saying it could hurt a tapered brg , but just never saw the benefit of it...