Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don’t like restaurants that are cash only. Pain in the a$$

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    Wait a minute....define " take plastic"???? I don't have any "credit" cards but use my "debit" card daily. There is a difference. If a track can be patient enough to wait for the 3-5 days for the money to be transferred to their account, they can see a boost in business. However, if they are cash dependent, I believe it hamstrings them & limits opportunities for growth.
    There is a difference alright. Debit cards are a LOT more risky than credit cards. The majority of the people that I know that have debit cards have had them used by others and are out money, because of it.

Like I said, I use my credit card just like cash. If I can’t actually pay for it, it doesn’t go on the card. My old boss told me to do that 20 years ago. Amazingly I was listening to somebody at that point in my life.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

All three tracks I regularly attend accept cards at both gates. I still usually just pay cash though. It takes like 5 minutes to stop at an ATM on the way to the track and get cash.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

One of our home tracks does. May help their revenue and business but it makes for longer wait times while standing in line.
    I hate time trials.

I carry a credit and debit card with me all
    the time.

BUT with all the card skimmers out there now
    it just seams like a big risk to take at race track
    on the weekends.

If I dont have the cash then I'll stay home.

I think that if a track takes plastic that they
    should have a separate line for cash.
    Plastic Just slows down the progress of getting through
    the gate.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

I think using a debit card actually saves me money. If I’m going somewhere and I know I need cash I always have to get a little extra just to be safe and what I have left always seems to get squandered instead of put back in the bank. When I use my card I spend just what I need and the rest stays in the bank.

I get paid on my debit card....got my truck settlement payments from my carriers when I owned my own, too.

No reason not to take cards... I paid 3% to take a card...got my money same day.

Today I seldom carry more than 20 bucks. But I pay cash or use my debit card for everything...haven't have a credit card for 25 years.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I think it might be a generation thing too.
    Us (older) people prefer cash as to the younger
    crowd preferring plastic.

I think that it time it will all be plastic,but not in
    my life time.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

There are some people who aren’t carrying anything anymore. Paying straight from there cell phone

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I get paid on my debit card....got my truck settlement payments from my carriers when I owned my own, too.

No reason not to take cards... I paid 3% to take a card...got my money same day.

Today I seldom carry more than 20 bucks. But I pay cash or use my debit card for everything...haven't have a credit card for 25 years.
    I found out a while back that I need to have a second
    card or cash with me at all times.

Like I said I'm old and not very smart.
    We went and bought a recliner a few months ago
    and it said card declined.!!!
    Tried it 3 times then tried wife's debit card also said
    declined.!!!! So I used a credit card.
    That was on a Saturday.
    I called bank on Monday and was told that I had a $500
    a day limit on the cards. I had no clue before this.
    I told wife that we could have been in serious trouble if
    we had been out of town and car had a serious break down.
    And BTW bank said we can up your limit if you want.I said no
    cause if I get Skimmed they can only get whats left of the $500
    for that day.
    Oh and while I had them on the phone I had them to set up
    automatic text each time card is used I get a text which I thought
    was kind of kool. LOL

Like they say you learn from mistakes.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

My old boss would count as older folks now and I am 42. I am not exactly a pup. I pay cash for everything. I just do it at the end of the month. I don’t pay interest. If it’s cash only like my barber shop or the dirt track, I get some cash. I am a little bit blessed though that I have had a good job and can do that.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

I guess it is a age thing, I pay with cash. Maybe not for concession stand purchases, would it be a good addition to have a card reader only at the front gate?

Late Model Mark

VMS has one, but I don’t usually go there. I mean you can get a card reader for a cell phone. We have one for the association for selling swag.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

I always carry lots of cash. I also carry a gun...………………….

Most big late model teams pay with a check at the gate. If I were a track, i would pay with a check.

A good CPA told me once. If you're running a legit business theres nothing that isnt worth writing a check. If you want to avoid taxes, I'll tell you how much you need to spend before the end of the year in order to keep from paying out a bunch in taxes.

That being said, I'm 32 and I've swiped a debit card for everything I've purchased since I was 20. I know what places dont take debit and I gladly withdraw from the atm at one of the many locations of my local bank on virtually every street corner.

Lucas Oil Speedway has a credit card reader on the pit side but not sure about the general admission side. Monett Speedway which be my closest track is cash only. I like paying cash for my entertainment but I use my debit card for most everything else. I also carry a credit card and plenty of cash, just in case.

On the way to the track, stop by Wal Mart, pickup a 12 pack and pay with your debit card and you can get up to $100 back with no fees. I do it all the time...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

I try and make sure I always have at least enough cash to get some gas. Usually a 20. Probably not enough. And of course a buck knife a flashlight a leatherman and ummm a method of dispatching game quickly and painlessly.... it’s got a picture of a really aggressive looking bird on it. I think it’s made by Hank Williams Jr....
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Credit card/ debit card processers are a necessary evil in business in 2019. Do I get pissed thinking I could hire another fulltime employee or buy a brand new car every year from what my business pays in CC processing fees? Absolutely, but if you dont accept the payment types, someone else will down the road= lost business. Name another entertainment establishment that doesnt accept cards? Movies, concerts, bowling, heck the beer guys walking the isles at a sporting events even accept cards.
    Had a local 20 yr old bar that didnt have a cc/debit processor, only an atm that charges $4 per use. In the 3 months since they put the processor in they are up over 20% in sales each month over last year. AND, the waitresses and bartenders tips are up ALOT more than that!

Theres still plenty of smart people that understand cash is always king. And there is still plenty of cash coming in for those that cloud up the water for uncle sam.