Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Capital Race Cars

I’ve been a casual fan of DLM racing for about 40 yrs. I’m no insider expert like most of y’all on here but it kind of amazes me that Capital doesn’t get more love on here. My gut tells me they are going to be the ones to catch next year. They are quietly sneaking up on the other big name chassis maker in my opinion.

They have definitely found some speed here at the end of the year but they just don't have the numbers and i feel like the support is not their. Everything is based off clanton. That info isn't going to help you get your regional guys going better. Now if you look at kryptonite they have the complete opposite scenario no national support but they can help you win 40 lap or less races in their region. And i feel like they sell way more cars as a result. Side note i give capital a little bit of credit for starting the trend the new cars are being built on. I forget the year but it was clantons championship year maybe 14? The Capitol cars had made a bunch of changes over the winter. Those were the first cars i seen with modular upper control arm towers and a bunch of little things to eliminate flex. They also had wieght jacks for minipulating ride height without effecting your spring/ bump curve. This stuff might not have been "device"level changes but it definitely helped get people thinking about some things differently

They sold more cars and had more success a few years ago. They’re not really sneaking up on anybody.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

They are a pretty close knit group. They are very good with people in their click, but come off as snobby to outsiders looking in. I personally couldn’t stand Clanton till I seen the Capital side of him in a friend he was helpings shop! Changed what I thought of the whole organization, but you need numbers of car for enough data to be on top

marshel green is a pretty smart guy , a lot of the stuff mentioned above was his idea,s......

Marshall Green is a quality person. Thus, I would expect nothing less than a quality product from him. Several guys that have switched to his chassis have gotten considerably faster.

Not good in stl area

I think the annocer at Boyd's said Ronnie Johnson was in a new capital car at the gobbler

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Not good in stl area
    Has anybody gotten a new one recently up there?

I know some people who bought an older one they were not very helpful unless they bought a bunch of stuff from them they sold it bought an older Rocket ran much better. If you got deep pockets they will help you empty them. They do come across as arrogant though.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I know some people who bought an older one they were not very helpful unless they bought a bunch of stuff from them they sold it bought an older Rocket ran much better. If you got deep pockets they will help you empty them. They do come across as arrogant though.
    If they didnt buy it from Capital then Marshal probably didnt help much. But why would he? He hadnt spent any money with Marshal. Our driver had a Capital and recieved a ton of help from Marshal and Shane. He talked to both of them weekly if not a few times a week.

Tader Masters and his fabricator have been nothing but great with me. Even before I bought the updated front x member and four bar stuff Tader could not have been nicer.

Those boys on Hunt the Front have two ex Clanton cars that they bought recently. They have nothing but good to say about Mr Green...

Sometimes it's the guy asking the questions that leads to poor customer service.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Jk19 View Post
    If they didnt buy it from Capital then Marshal probably didnt help much. But why would he? He hadnt spent any money with Marshal. Our driver had a Capital and recieved a ton of help from Marshal and Shane. He talked to both of them weekly if not a few times a week.
    And that is why they will never have the number of cars to be on top!!!!! I bought a used BarryWright and they went above and beyond to help me, I bought used Rocket and have received a lot of help from Robby Scott there, I bought a used Ford truck and am not given the cold shoulder at the dealership, so what would give Capital the right to feel that way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jk19 View Post
    You just described the business model of a team selling cars out of Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    You just described the business model of a team selling cars out of Tennessee.
    Agreed. Evidently it’s also acceptable for Capital to do it too.

Personally, that’s a retarded way to do business. I want to give everyone in my cars assistance. Because right now they might be young and green, or just green. And couple years down the road they might want a new car, get an influx of cash, and that is when you want them to remember you. The guy who helped them before they found the money tree.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's a tough deal providing support for your older cars when your a young chassis brand especially if you didn't hit on something good right out of the box. Their are often several major changes such as axle tube length birdcages and complete front suspension changes before they hit on something. This is unfortunately costly for all involved and often the racer supporting the brand but not part of the house effort sees alot more of this cost because he has to buy everything everytime. Then you come to the situation where somebody purchases a older car and calls wanting help problem is your not running any of the stuff on his car and for a reason. Now this guy thinks your just trying to get in his pocket. Generally speaking this is not true most smart people don't get into racing to make money because that's not very smart.
    Last edited by Jking24; 12-03-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Agree with you all by not trying to help at all you can rest assured they ain't gonna buy from you. That's a crappy way to do business from what I've seen Capital likes big spenders older car or not everyone can't afford to spend 40 grand for a roller. Ok
    Last edited by RW57; 12-03-2019 at 12:25 PM.

I’ve talked to several people with his cars and heard nothing but good things ???

I delete my post
    Last edited by racer41; 12-04-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Do they look better from the grandstand or something??