Default Big Block Snout Crankshafts

Been building my own small blocks for years but have never tried a big block snout/small block crank and don't know what the advantages or disadvantages are. Can anyone enlighten me?

Only advantage is if you are driving a dry sump pump off the front or multiple groove pulleys it offers more strength. This started in NASCAR. You ever seen the clip of Bobby Alison getting up in the catch fence at Talladega, the snout broke off the crank and he run over the damper blowing out the RR tire. Disadvantages are you need a special front cover,timing set , and damper

Ah, that makes sense. Remember Bobby's crash well but not the details as he was always a favorite of mine. Raced anywhere and all the time, did things his way and was the definition of a real racer. Thanks SLM98.

Have full balancer, cover and timing setup if ya wanna try it

Thanks, but no thanks. Don't build dry sump engines and have more standard snout cranks than I have need for with this crazy severely limited season we have currently.

back when the old racers auction existed , before E bay , we would by those cranks for nothing and turn the snout down and re-key , made some great cranks with hardly nothing in them......