Default Time for Fairbury to bring in a Lucas race

Now that Lucas Oil Series has all the best drivers except bshep it’s time for the to stand up to WOO and have a couple of Lucas races. Eldora you too!

I know a lot of folks say the 2 big events at Eldora are enough; but I'd love to see Eldora have a Lucas Oil race and a World of Outlaws race during the schedule in addition.

But Eldora is so connected to WRG, a Lucas Oil race may be far fetched.

WoO has a better schedule this year and every race is Live, makes me curious to if there will be any defectors.
    "The Wise One"

Yea because Lanigan, Weiss and Junghans to name a few aren't $hit. (Insert major eye rolling)
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!

If I remember right, FALS contacted Lucas and WRG told them you'd better not proceed or you'll get stripped of anything WRG/UMP related.

Fals and and Eldora bring them both togather for what is known as the biggest events all year.

Tracks need to band together and tell WRG don’t tell me how to run my race track and I won’t tell you got to do your job. If all the UMP tracks band together that rule about being a UMP track and not running Lucas races would likely be out the window. All it would take is for the UMP tracks is band together and revolt against WRG and that rule would likely be out the door.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Honestly with the way the PDC has evolved, there is no need for FALS to have a separate show. They are getting the best of the best since Lucas is off that weekend anyway. With the pay bump, I'm expecting car count around 80 this coming year. Love Eldora, but the PDC is in the conversation among the best late model events in the country right now. I think it is definitely the best combined late model/mod show anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Tracks need to band together and tell WRG don’t tell me how to run my race track and I won’t tell you got to do your job. If all the UMP tracks band together that rule about being a UMP track and not running Lucas races would likely be out the window. All it would take is for the UMP tracks is band together and revolt against WRG and that rule would likely be out the door.
    So what you're saying is the Midwest Promoters need to Unite in order to overthrow an origination that isn't behaving in their best interest? Hmmmm
    "The Wise One"

What would it take to do a mini series of like 10 races at some of the biggest races of the year and do a Lucas vs Woo kind of like the MLB All Star game and have a promotion that would make it a big event. Or do it at 1 race at the end of the year to see who would be the World Champion like the PBR has

How can anyone say Lucas now has ALL the best drivers when Lanigan, Bloomquist, Madden, and Weiss all are running WoO?

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    What would it take to do a mini series of like 10 races at some of the biggest races of the year and do a Lucas vs Woo kind of like the MLB All Star game and have a promotion that would make it a big event. Or do it at 1 race at the end of the year to see who would be the World Champion like the PBR has
    It would take $70 plus admission prices

OK I gotcha

$70 dollars for 2 heat races, full inverts of heats. no provisionals and no support classes or stopping on the track to bring out a caution. DEAL, I have my cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Optimally, the WoO would become what was basically STARS and Lucas would become what was HAT. Make most of the current crown jewels combo races.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    How can anyone say Lucas now has ALL the best drivers when Lanigan, Bloomquist, Madden, and Weiss all are running WoO?
    Is this a scoop?

Yea that seems like it would go but wouldn't it be kind of cool to see a mini series with the top 5 or 10 in both points at the end of the year race for a national champion and see who is the true king of dirt racing which there is no doubt that this year would've probably been Brandon Sheppard with the season he had

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Fals and and Eldora bring them both togather for what is known as the biggest events all year.
    Never mind after that earth shattering news today Lucas is no longer needed, that is all.

Funny timing of the WoO vs Lucas post. It has been something that crossed my mind recently as well. Would be cool to see a mini series to settle the yearly debate. Who is the best driver? What is the best series? Pick X races from each series and make it happen. Too lazy to look it up, but there are already several races in each tour where multiple drivers from the other series appear. I know Knoxville sees a lot of WoO cars, even though it's a Lucas race.

Never gonna happen

Just be lucky both series don't schedule schedule most of their big events on top of each other.
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!