Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dale Earnhardt Jr

Someone asked him about getting a group together to buy North Wilksboro. But he has other ideas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaleJr/st...82874942689280
    IF YOU AINT WINNING YOU PROBABLY AINT LEADING!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPPING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Someone asked him about getting a group together to buy North Wilksboro. But he has other ideas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaleJr/st...82874942689280
    First he wants to weedwack NW and have iRacing scan it to use on iRacing. Talked about it in his podcasts.

Away from the track he has come into his own. Big fan of his podcasts.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    First he wants to weedwack NW and have iRacing scan it to use on iRacing. Talked about it in his podcasts.

You know as much as people have asked of Dale and as many times as he’s had to answer questions about his Dad dying and all that. I wouldn’t have blamed the guy if he turned into a real a-hole. But he’s a student of the game and a real historian. I might be as much of a fan of his as I was of his Dad. For totally different reasons though. Either way I never saw that coming. I wasn’t a Jr Nation guy when he was driving. But I am now. I never thought a dude with that much money could have such a relatable TV, radio personality. Comes off very genuine.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

I think it's done. Day 3 was today

JR is dumber than a rock, if his last name wasn’t Earnhardt he’d be working at McDonald’s.

Default JayD

Lol. That’s about as ignorant a statement as I’ve seen in awhile.

Better to be seen and not heard than to remove all doubt.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPPING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I think it's done. Day 3 was today
    Awesome...

Default Rocky

Most definitely man. Genuine, not uppity, honest, relatable, that Podcasts is just awesome. As is his book.

The show is the spiritual descendant of Wind Tunnel. Those guys do a hell of a job.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

I have the book, saving it for cruise.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I have the book, saving it for cruise.
    You’ll like it. Just know it’s not totally about racing. Really a good book.

As an on-air guy he surpassed my expectations. Not meant as a dig at Senior as he had his own appeal to fans. But he generally couldn’t put more than one sentence together at a time, he was a king of one liners. But Junior has a depth and reverence for racing that I hadn’t seen when he was driving.
    I hate time trials.

How about a class where the winner has to let someone who finished in the top 5, or 10, claim their engine, random draw...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    How about a class where the winner has to let someone who finished in the top 5, or 10, claim their engine, random draw...
    There is. I think years ago anyone could claim an engine. Driver from another class or a fan in the stands.

Default Kazual

You got that right. I feel like he loves racing the way we love racing. I think the guy has found his true calling.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

He's normal........and he doesn't have to be.

To me that's what's cool .
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't care much for him as a driver or announcer, but his podcast/tv show is pretty cool and down to earth!

Like jR or not, he has always shown class in the way he has handled his new found fame after Dad died. I was a big fan of his Dad, and a neutral fan of his, but he always handled himself with class. I am fine with his role in Nascar too. Nice young man.

I was able to see Jr a few weeks back where he was the speaker at a benefit dinner and wow is all I can say. To see how humble he is and his love for the sports is amazing. Few key notes I took away from him was when they asked what does he want to be remembered for his answer was along the lines of, I want people to say that I loved the sport of racing and did everything I could to better the sport. Another neat comment he made was saying how when he started racing late models on asphalt how terrible he was and following it all up by saying something along of the lines of most of my success was only because of my last name and nothing I truly done myself.

I think it would be a great idea, if someone bought North Wilksboro and reopemed it as a dirttrack. Keep it a half mile and rebuild the grandstands and facilities. Then youd have a facility that could host really big special events. Nascar outgrew North Wilksboro and it became just too small for them, but for dirt track racing it could be a superbowl of dirt type venue.

As for Dale Earnhardt Jr, I have nothing against him personally, and he seems a likeable enough guy. However, I would suggest that this would be a better role for someone else. I would think someone like Forrest Lucas, or perhaps Bruton Smith, might be better equipped to take on a tasks like this. Also, I'm somewhat weary of the idea of a former Nascar driver managing a significant venue in dirt track racing. The last thing we need is for dirt track racing to become more like Nascar.