Default Holding down the left front

I know the cars attitude is critical in today's set ups. With aero being larger than ever, is anyone still trying down the left front or valving shocks to keep left front down during racing conditions? Does it hinder weight transfer? Are there advantages to keeping the left front pinned down with shock valving? Everyone usually focuses on the RF and LR. Just trying to think outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I know the cars attitude is critical in today's set ups. With aero being larger than ever, is anyone still trying down the left front or valving shocks to keep left front down during racing conditions? Does it hinder weight transfer? Are there advantages to keeping the left front pinned down with shock valving? Everyone usually focuses on the RF and LR. Just trying to think outside of the box.
    There isn't a fast car out there that gaps the lf fender on the lift or on the track. Yes, it does affect weight transfer, especially to the RR in the middle of the corner.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Default Pinning LF

How do you counteract the pinning down of the left front? Softer RR spring? Shock valving? Or is this a design to create maximum lift in the left rear to help the car stay up on the bars? I would assume that less transfer left front to right rear would be a major reason for more left rear steer and more dive on the right front? Possibly better drive off?

Default Pinning LF

Or, thinking twice now, perhaps stiffening the RR with spring rubbers will keep the car level on exit therefore mainting a better attitude and drive off? Food for thought!!

Their really is no one thing like "if your gonna tie down your left front do this" it's just part of the evolution to where the cars are today setup wise but when using a tether or some other means of limiting lf throttle it has a very big effect on initial throttle pick up. It's effect is greatest as soon as the car begins to transfer weight from front to rear( accelerate)

As JKing said, you kinda have to do it and see what the car needs. When I was doing it 6 years ago, it was to help a car turn in a little better. The side effect was it came off a lot tighter on initial gas up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1