Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF Setup

What do you mean crashing the nose early?

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I don't know where your racing but with those numbers your not traveling anywhere near 4+inches late on the night if it's not crashing there nose early

^^^ Just guessing, but he probably means early in the night...when there's still traction and greater speeds.

I picked up a used Lazer, so I'm following along.

Yes i agree masters but i have a little experience with lazer and i don't think their front geometry has changed much since what I've messed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    What do you mean crashing the nose early?
    If the valance isn't hitting the race track early in the night Then the car isn't traveling late in the night if your running the same load numbers all night especially with you being a asphalt racer aswell. Your likely a heavy braker by nature also steel block cars tend to travel the rf a little more. If your trying to travel it 5 inches you are way high. With your numbers i would be surprised if you were getting much over 4

Also if your running in the pa area nobody better to talk to then Jim himself. He's generally very open with his customers

It will scuff valance in hammer down. The car will travel about 4.5 in the slick and 4.75 in the tacky, I grew up running dirt and lates before I went to asphalt to run mods but still run both, but that being said this is a car I setup and am not driving myself, I spoke with both drew and Jim today at Lazer and they gave me some stuff they are currently doing and some stuff to check. My lines of thinking were in line with them but they provided some more inside on some new LF loads and rr loads they are running and why they are running it and some more stuff in the LF to do to keep it off the RR in certain areas. Some of it was ways to maintain posture as the track slows and some of it was just flat out new loads they are running compared to before. The biggest difference was getting off the 225 RF bump and onto a stack. I was thinking a 175/400 but they suggest something along those lines but still with a bump so it’s not crashing the nose but I still can get to posture sooner, if that makes sense.

If the valance isn't hitting the race track early in the night Then the car isn't traveling late in the night if your running the same load numbers all night especially with you being a asphalt racer aswell. Your likely a heavy braker by nature also steel block cars tend to travel the rf a little more. If your trying to travel it 5 inches you are way high. With your numbers i would be surprised if you were getting much over 4

I don't know alot about there specifics of Jim's front end but i would still be Leary of the drivers braking habits. You won't know until you watch the valance closely on corner entry especially at the center or just before it between braking and initial throttle pickup. No matter what Jim should be able to help get you going