Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much money did Brandon Sheppard win this year altogether?

I know there is a statistician on here that keeps records of this type of thing. I know Sheppard won a lot and without a doubt, dominated everyone else when it comes to money and number of races won altogether. Who were the top 10 money winners in DLM racing in 2019? Thank you in advance.

I’m guessing north of $800K. Here’s another guess: he pocketed 1/3 of that himself.

I love seeing stats like money won $$$. There is a tremendous website for sprint cars www.sprintcarratings.com that shows this type of information. I am not sure if someone has taken the time and effort to do it for the Dirt Late Models?

had to be the best money year ever recorded, I've heard of 600 but they blew by that one and set a new standard

I'm sure someone has it somewhere

To me the second part of the question is “did the race team break even”? My opinion is no.
    I hate time trials.

Doesn't matter if they broke even or not. Rocket can write off the whole thing as advertising and promotion expenses which, in turn, sells more Rockets. Win - win, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Doesn't matter if they broke even or not. Rocket can write off the whole thing as advertising and promotion expenses which, in turn, sells more Rockets. Win - win, if you know what I mean.
    A write off can only lessen your tax bill so much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Did they break even?

I'd say better than. Mark has some pretty good sponsors on board. As most teams run a losing operation, I'd guess Team Blue turns a profit.
    8/13/16

I would say no one will beat the year Donnie Moran had in 2001. He won the Million at Eldora and I dont see any team winning 1.2 million or 1.3 million in an entire year.

latemodelman<agree

also considering the costs were not near what they are today.
    8/13/16

he had 650k just in first place winnings. I'd say close to the million $ mark. as this doesn't include points funds or his 2nd third 4th place finishes.an so on

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I'd guess that Mark Richards Racing Ent. aka Rocket 1 Racing and the actual Rocket Chassis shop are run as separate entities.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'd guess that Mark Richards Racing Ent. aka Rocket 1 Racing and the actual Rocket Chassis shop are run as separate entities.
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    he had 650k just in first place winnings. I'd say close to the million $ mark. as this doesn't include points funds or his 2nd third 4th place finishes.an so on
    Second place finishes dont add up to much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I thought 2nd place at the dome paid 15K, that adds up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    I thought 2nd place at the dome paid 15K, that adds up pretty quick.
    That's not the norm, and when you need to account for $300k+...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

If you can't turn a profit winning $800,000+ I doubt anyone would be doing this.

I create a ranking system called American Dirt Late Model Rankings. You can find my rankings on Twitter. Brandon Shepard's 2019 race winnings + contingencies + points fund are in the range of $908,972 to $909,998. Approximately $411,750 is from WOO competition. Approximately $296,873 is from Lucas Oil competition. This is a darn good year for DLM team. I am not going figure out the which money was earned in the 1 car vs. other rides.
    In the aDLMr drivers are rewarded for showing up often and performing well against the top competition!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDLM Rankings View Post
    I create a ranking system called American Dirt Late Model Rankings. You can find my rankings on Twitter. Brandon Shepard's 2019 race winnings + contingencies + points fund are in the range of $908,972 to $909,998. Approximately $411,750 is from WOO competition. Approximately $296,873 is from Lucas Oil competition. This is a darn good year for DLM team. I am not going figure out the which money was earned in the 1 car vs. other rides.
    I’m going to say Brandon got 30-50 percent of this. Probably doesn’t get much or anything out of his grandpas equipment. But from rocket 1 I’d say he makes 30-50%

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    If you can't turn a profit winning $800,000+ I doubt anyone would be doing this.
    You need about $650000.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2