Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What’s some good hotels to stay at? Or what area? I may be making my first trip also

Im thinking of renting a camper for a week …. I heard there's a camping area near east bay …. Anyone have any info on where to rent one at the park ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

What’s some good hotels to stay at? Or what area? I may be making my first trip also

Theres a ton of hotels near hwy 60 and 75!

Be prepared for the prices......its their tourist season! A decent one is gonna be in the $150 range!

Yep- motels in Brandon are $$$. Lots to choose from tho. We left the motels a couple years ago for condo in Ruskin at “Little Harbour” About the same $$ as a motel but a condo on the water during the day & after the short nights at East Bay!

Try airbnb

Airbnb is good advice. I know DOD crew rents a house for the week. I also think there are villas in some of the campgrounds that can be rented. Just be careful what area you stay in regardless of the type accommodation.

gb81racing go to the beach. St Pete to Clearwater you should be able to find something reasonable. Then you have lots of options for things to do as well, but you end up 30-40 minutes from track. It makes for a nice getaway!

Clearwater/St.Pete is a great option- just be reminded of the evening traffic going thru Tampa to the track- it is hectic at that time of day. It beats the heck out of being in a motel in Brandon all week!

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    I've always had better weather at East Bay than at Volusia. At Volusia I've been rained out, fogged out, had my winter coat on and still froze. Beaches are good, dog track is fun(and it may be the last year), food galore in Tampa, St Pete, and the beach towns. Deep sea fishing is fun. Restaurants will cook your catch. Charter a boat or hop on a head boat out of Johns Pass or Clearwater. Let the bashing begin. East Bay car count estimates? How many cars will Screven draw?
    I started a modified A main at Volusia wearing my snowmobile suit...18F!!!!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I have started looking into the Airbnb now. It’s a lot cheaper, I’m just not sure about staying in someone else’s house with them there. I want to be able to do my own thing without interacting with the owners

Yep- motels in Brandon are $$$. Lots to choose from tho. We left the motels a couple years ago for condo in Ruskin at “Little Harbour” About the same $$ as a motel but a condo on the water during the day & after the short nights at East Bay!

The pics look good, but how is it really? lol

Default 81

Do one where they aren’t there.

Be weird as he!! trying to stay in a strangers house, especially if they are there.

I know it’s popular, I just couldn’t do it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Zero25

Are you just kidding- or really asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Zero25

Are you just kidding- or really asking ?
    Really asking......thanks!

It’s really nice. Private-gated community out on the point. Inlet on one side & the bay on the other. 2 marinas & 2 full service restaurants with tiki bars on the water. Awesome beach & walking trails, fishing, boardwalk piers, tennis & basketball courts, swimming pools. Plenty to do during the daytime & only 15 minutes straight up 41 to the track. Very secure & security guards at the entrance gate. The awesome “Fish House” is about 1 mile away & about $850 for 7 nights. We rent the studio condo from private owner (as all the condos are). After finding this little village- we couldn’t believe we had stayed in motels in Brandon for so long.

When I visit somewhere, I always look for two things. Is there a dirt track, and are there mountain bike trails? We all know Tampa has East Bay Raceway, but did you know there are world class mountain bike trails just 20 minutes from East Bay. You read that right... Florida has spectacular mountain bike trails. Alafia River State Park and Balm Boyette Nature Preserve have some really awesome trails, if you do not have "real" mountain bike there are several places you can rent one in the area; AJ's Bikes and on the weekends you can rent a bike at Alafia. A little further to the east is Loyce E. Harpe Park. These 3 trail systems are top notch.
    In the aDLMr drivers are rewarded for showing up often and performing well against the top competition!!!

It’s really nice. Private-gated community out on the point. Inlet on one side & the bay on the other. 2 marinas & 2 full service restaurants with tiki bars on the water. Awesome beach & walking trails, fishing, boardwalk piers, tennis & basketball courts, swimming pools. Plenty to do during the daytime & only 15 minutes straight up 41 to the track. Very secure & security guards at the entrance gate. The awesome “Fish House” is about 1 mile away & about $850 for 7 nights. We rent the studio condo from private owner (as all the condos are). After finding this little village- we couldn’t believe we had stayed in motels in Brandon for so long.

Thanks......the pictures do look nice! Wish I had a boat!

I am flying down on Wed to Eastbay will be there Wed to Sat before heading up to Voluisa for a few days. Looking forwad to it

Anyway to watch the mod races online ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Anyway to watch the mod races online ?
    Flo racing.com