Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up I-95 Late Model Challenge - 2020 Schedule.

I-95 Late Model Challenge

SERIES PAYOUTS - Each Race is a minimum $2,500 to win & $250 to start
    Purse #1 - $2,500 to win & $250 to start. 24 cars
    Purse #2 - $3,000 to win & $300 to start. 24 cars
    Purse #3 - $4,000 to win & $350 to start. 24 cars
    Purse #4 - $5,000 to win & $400 to start. 24 cars

Series Website
    www.countylineracewaync.com/i-95-challenge

I-95 LATE MODEL CHALLENGE - 2020 SCHEDULE

ROUND #1
    Saturday, March 28
    Fayetteville Motor Speedway - Fayetteville, NC - Payout TBA

ROUND #2
    Saturday, April 25
    County Line Raceway - Elm City, NC - 40 Laps. $3,000 to win & $300 to start

ROUND #3
    Saturday, May 23

ROUND #4
    Saturday, June 13
    Halifax County Motoro Speedway - Brinkleyville, NC - $2,500 to win & $250 to start

ROUND #5
    Friday, July 3
    Halifax County Motor Speedway - Brinkleyville, NC - $5,000 to win & $400 to start

ROUND #6
    Saturday, July 18

ROUND #7
    Saturday, August 22

ROUND #8
    Saturday, September 5

ROUND #9
    Saturday, September 12
    Halifax County Motor Speedway - Brinkleyville, NC - Final 2020 Challenge. $2,500 to win & $250 to start
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Hoping to improve upon my 45th (I think) place finish in this series in 2020.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

actually never would of thought that many different cars started the series LOL but good luck next yr on improving

I wish they would add some dates at Lake View.

I only started the 2 at Halifax. I suck. I know that lol. Turns out I actually was 52nd in points. There were 57 places and a bunch of ties. Really nowhere to go but up, or maybe just not go to those races.
    Last edited by Rocky; 12-29-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Lake View is too far off I-95 to merit consideration! LOL!

I’m just over here wishing Dixieland would go to the same engine rules as everyone else. Never been to Lakeview. Hear it’s nice.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Lake View is too far off I-95 to merit consideration! LOL!
    27 miles doesn't seem that far off.....would be worth consideration if they ever wanted to expand the series.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Biggest problem is Lake View to Brinkleyville is 169 miles. You would have the same problem with Elizabeth City.

Biggest problem is Lake View to Brinkleyville is 169 miles. You would have the same problem with Elizabeth City.
    I don’t really want Red to join the challenge, just match the rules. A lot of his guys have different motors to go west. A lot of guys I know would like to come more than one night a year too.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Edit: it’s none of my business what Red does though. He’s staying open. So that’s good.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

I know it isn't , but it seems like Brinkleyville is 169 miles from Fayetteville.....dang that place is a haul for me to get too.

Never been to Dixieland, have no clue about it......everyone that I've met that runs there always talks good about it though.

I run Brinkleyville (on the rare occasion I run my own car) because it’s so much easier to race on Saturday. I am at Dixieland every Friday night helping my buddy though. Dixieland is OK with me and it would keep being okay without me. There’s a few things that I really don’t like about the place but it’s pretty close to home and my friends are there. Nothing is perfect and anywhere would be like that.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

The " but it's pretty close to home and my friends are there " part is very appealing....good stuff Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The " but it's pretty close to home and my friends are there " part is very appealing....good stuff Rocky.
    2018 Dixieland Speedway Super Street best pit crew, as selected by the teams. So you know, yeah that part is excellent.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    2018 Dixieland Speedway Super Street best pit crew, as selected by the teams. So you know, yeah that part is excellent.
    Congrats man......getting noticed by your peers like that is a great accomplishment.

I go to lakeview a lot because of the very same reason .....close to home and a bunch of friends there .....we didn't do so well at lakeview this year but had a pretty good year at Fayetteville.
    If what I'm hearing is even remotely close to happening at Fayetteville that place just turned into a must see for all dirt racers and fans.

The former promoter brought that place out of the dark ages, this new team is picking up where he left off and will elevate it to a premier facility if it shakes out like everyone is saying.
    Thanks for what you do for the country Rocky.

I am happy to hear that Fayetteville is still moving forward, I haven’t been but that’s good news for everybody. I hope the reconfigurations help them get more cars at the big events that they have been trying to have. Right after the Cash Money one of Micheal Batten’s brothers went on Facebook and said hey guys, where were you and almost everybody said, we didn’t have a chance, so we stayed home. That wasn’t really my reason for not going because I never have a chance. My only goal is to outrun Dykes Maynard usually. But I get it.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

I hope folks continue to post updates on what is going on at Fayetteville. I live over an hour away so I can't drop by to see what they have done. Last I heard they had moved the inside wall barriers.

Rocky, who do you help at Dixieland? I'm there every Friday helping Billy Hubbard.

I am Jake, that helps Rod Buzitzki with the 2 super street. And sometimes drives that ancient #97 that is in the way in late models in real life. The big guy not the Yinzer that’s always talking about Pennsylvania to everybody, that’s Chris. Sometimes you see me helping Dougie Lincoln with his sportsman also.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.