ADAIRSVILLE, GA – Crate Racin’ USA officials have announced that they have purchased the South Eastern Crate Association (SECA) that campaigns several racing Divisions in the Carolinas and Northeast Georgia. While there will be a change of ownership, not much else will change in the near future.

“The Divisions that race under the SECA banner will remain in place with very few adjustments for the 2020 season,” Crate Racin’ USA Director Adam Stewart said. “We will have a new website up soon that will contain rules, contact information, and all of the pertinent information.”

Stewart said all of the SECA staff and many of the key personnel will remain on board and keep things more the same than different. The main thing Crate Racin’ USA will add to what is already in place at SECA is a larger National public relations footprint and added Technical support going forward.

Scott Childress turned over the keys of SECA to Stewart, and now he can concentrate on not only working with the SECA team, but also promoting Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC and Lavonia Speedway in Lavonia, GA.

“I’m excited to see what Crate Racin’ USA brings to the SECA drivers and tracks,” Childress said. “Crate Racin’ USA will bring a common set of rules for 604 Late Models and Street Stocks that will give drivers in the Carolinas and Northeast Georgia an opportunity to travel more to bigger races, and at the same time, open opportunities for tracks to have bigger races that will bring more cars and more fans to our area.”

The competitors of SECA thought the adaption of Crate Racin’ USA rules was something they thought would be a great idea if it could happen. Childers and Stewart started a conversation about it last fall, and Childress said the deal came about quickly.

“Both Adam and I thought it would be a good thing for SECA to become part of Crate Racin’ USA because both organizations have good people, and we would just let them do what they do best,” Childress said. “I know I’m looking forward to having Crate Racin’ USA SECA Late Model and Street Stock events in 2020 at Cherokee Speedway and Lavonia Speedway.”

Crate Racin’ USA is currently developing a new SECA website and Social Media pages that they hope to have online in the next couple of weeks. All official SECA announcements and schedules will come through the new media outlets.

For more information and rules about the Crate Racin’ USA Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series web site at www.crateracinusa.com, or visit the series on Facebook at Durrence Layne Racing. You can follow us on Twitter @DurrenceLayneRacing.

Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of Crate Racin’ USA. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of Crate Racin’ USA. VP Racing Fuel is the Official Race Fuel and Lubricant of Crate Racin’ USA. Knowles Race Parts and Bodies is the Official Parts Supplier for Crate Racin’ USA. David Smith Carburetors is the Official Carburetor of Crate Racin’ USA. Fullmoon Graphics is the Official Wrap, Banner, and Sign Company of Crate Racin’ USA. Crate Racin’ USA 2020 Chassis Sponsors are Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, and CVR Race Cars.