Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bloomquist to have hip replacement surgery???

DoD is reporting.

Insurance settlement from a dumb driver and their insurance company be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Insurance settlement from a dumb driver and their insurance company be my guess.
    Thinking the same.

I'm guessing maybe he's not healing like they expected

Wait a minute, all the doctor's on 4m say he will be back in 3 to 4 weeks. Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Wait a minute, all the doctor's on 4m say he will be back in 3 to 4 weeks. Hahahahaha
    That's because they thought it was "staged" while he went to rehab

Bloomer said that himself in dod interview. Good luck to him

If he's back in 3 to 4 weeks then he isn't having a total hip replacement. And why would he wait this long. O Yea I forgot he got drydene's money in the bank.

my 95 yr old Grandma had that surgery. Fairly common replacement surgery for the elderly. lol

I recall that even in the old # 18 car that his Dad financed his career start with that most everyone of the straight fans said that he was HIPPY back then !

Bloomer should consider not rushing back. I do not know why he thinks a title run is so important this year under the circumstances. I understand the sponsor thing, but after knowing many people who have had this surgery, he should be careful. Actually when all is said and done, I think he will. At his age, he has nothing to prove and although I have never been a fan, I would like to see him be racing for a while longer. Just not before he should

A title run for bloomquist race cars is important. Not necessarily a title run for Scott Bloomquist. I certainly hope that they are thinking big picture, by looking to sell more cars

I hope Bloomquist gets a second and third opinion from different doctors to ensure surgery is necessary.

Did he race today

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Did he race today
    Yep, got 4th. Said he's getting the surgery on the 10th so he'll have about a month to heal. I think he said he was progressing pretty normally but not too long ago he started having bad hip pain from arthritis, which is why he's getting the surgery now. Hopefully he doesn't rush himself too much, but at least he's getting the surgery now rather than trying to tough it out all year.

If he's back in 3 to 4 weeks then he isn't having a total hip replacement. And why would he wait this long. O Yea I forgot he got drydene's money in the bank.
    Now whose the Dr??
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Unfortunately CnB at this point in my life I've had 2 replacements. Right side was a total hip, left was not. I am not over weight, I climb in and out of my golf cart, which I could only do after 4 weeks. My golf game was over for 3 months, hip rotation. A good friend did not listen to his doctor, he had a partial, he thought he could start swinging a golf club after 3 weeks. He went down on the driving range and had to have major surgery to repair the damage. Am I doctor, O heck no, but I just don't see how he is going to be able to even climb in or out of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit of a slm. Let alone take the pounding in the seat. Remember the lap belt comes right across your hips. I wish bloomer the best and I speedy recovery, I just think this injury could lead to a premature end of a great career if he pushes it. Nobody knows what injuries he sustained in that crash in Daytona and he ain't tellin. Good for him, so we speculate.

Unfortunately CnB at this point in my life I've had 2 replacements. Right side was a total hip, left was not. I am not over weight, I climb in and out of my golf cart, which I could only do after 4 weeks. My golf game was over for 3 months, hip rotation. A good friend did not listen to his doctor, he had a partial, he thought he could start swinging a golf club after 3 weeks. He went down on the driving range and had to have major surgery to repair the damage. Am I doctor, O heck no, but I just don't see how he is going to be able to even climb in or out of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit of a slm. Let alone take the pounding in the seat. Remember the lap belt comes right across your hips. I wish bloomer the best and I speedy recovery, I just think this injury could lead to a premature end of a great career if he pushes it. Nobody knows what injuries he sustained in that crash in Daytona and he ain't tellin. Good for him, so we speculate.
    I agree. If he was 35-55 and in great shape, ok. Scott ain’t, so I think just over a month is definitely pushing it. And yeah, if you jack it up while it’s still healing, dang.

I dunno. I think he should have got it all done at once. When he was laid up, get it all done.

But I’m not him, definitely not a Dr, so, is what it is.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Ten years ago when I was 48 I had total hip replacement due to arthritis caused by trauma to the hip playing football. The arthritis (inflammation) causes the ball and socket joint to rub together. The pain is excruciating and it is impossible to raise the leg without grabbing your pants to help lift. Just putting socks and shoes on virtually impossible and very painful. I got along very well and left the hospital after two days with just a cane. I would think two weeks minimum off work for a desk job and that would be very light duty. I could not fly an airplane for a month due to climbing into the airplane and operating the rudder/brake pedals. I think realistically for Scott to get into a race car is going to be two months, if everything goes well. There are a lot of things that can go wrong though, depending on the extent of damage to the hip. Hopefully he feels like a new man after the surgery. I know how awful he feels now.

Ok I'm not the Dr.ha ha but I had hernia and colon surgery in 2014 not quite the same but my recovery time was about 3 months yes I know I don't drive a race car but I w think Bloomquist should be on the sidelines for about 2 months so that would be somewhere around March 15th so then he would miss all February and half of March not good so he would miss about 13 races not good at all but I'm sure the KING of dirt racing will catch up ha ha now that's just my opinion just a guess but we will see what happens

No solid info from the guys Gardner on this ????

Wtf?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????